SASS Wire Forum

teacher cuts student's hair

Red Cent

"Gieszinger can't be within 50 feet of the school or victims. Her husband was also ordered to get rid of his guns if Gieszinger was going to be home." 

This is the teacher who forcefully cut her student's hair. Wonder if "get rid of" is simply that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-teacher-charged-with-cutting-students-hair-kept-tufts-in-purse-bathroom-drawer/ar-BBR0Ocy?ocid=spartanntp

Actually, I can understand why the judge ordered firearms removed if she was going to be there.

12 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Actually, I can understand why the judge ordered firearms removed if she was going to be there.

I wonder if you would feel the same way if subsequently, she killed her disarmed husband......

LL

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I agree. They should not remove the husband's guns - he's done nothing wrong. They should remove the crazy woman. Put her in the lockup.

Doesn't that seem to be the logical thing to do?

Since when do you disarm the non-offending spouse, rather than restrain the crazy person?

LL

2 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Doesn't that seem to be the logical thing to do?

Since when do you disarm the non-offending spouse, rather than restrain the crazy person?

LL

This is California, Bro! The crazy person is obviously the gun owner!

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how the husband could be ordered to "get rid of" his firearms. He is not a party to any action against his wife. If there is an order that she, as defendant, not have access to firearms, then it could be extrapolated that none could be in the location of her residence. I have to assume that is what the author of the article meant, but did a poor job of articulating. Unfortunately, that's something I've come to expect from journalists these days.

So, the husband could remove the firearms from the residence, himself from the residence along with his firearms, or remove her from the residence. It seems she has mental health issues galore, which might justify her not having said access, but ultimately, the call is up to her husband.

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Wonder what meds she has been taking?.........:huh:

OLG

Or not, as the case may be!

3 hours ago, DocWard said:

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how the husband could be ordered to "get rid of" his firearms. He is not a party to any action against his wife. If there is an order that she, as defendant, not have access to firearms, then it could be extrapolated that none could be in the location of her residence. I have to assume that is what the author of the article meant, but did a poor job of articulating. Unfortunately, that's something I've come to expect from journalists these days.

So, the husband could remove the firearms from the residence, himself from the residence along with his firearms, or remove her from the residence. It seems she has mental health issues galore, which might justify her not having said access, but ultimately, the call is up to her husband.

At least one source says that firearms must be inaccessible to her. Law enforcement can get carried away with interpretation.

maybe you recall how G. Gordon Liddy talked about where his wife stored ‘her’ guns, one in ‘his’ night table next to the bed.

I'm still trying to figure out how a poor, underpaid California high school teacher can afford a "pricy  purse".  Maybe the same way a lot of my teacher clients could buy Corvettes, three month summer vacations in Mexico, and Houses worth twice what mine were.  Did you notice my lack of sympathy?

7 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm still trying to figure out how a poor, underpaid California high school teacher can afford a "pricy  purse".  

The writer called it a pricey purse, it is safe to assume that the writer knows as much about purses and cheap knockoffs as he/she does about assault weapons

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm still trying to figure out how a poor, underpaid California high school teacher can afford a "pricy  purse".  Maybe the same way a lot of my teacher clients could buy Corvettes, three month summer vacations in Mexico, and Houses worth twice what mine were.  Did you notice my lack of sympathy?

California teachers make a hell of a lot more than when you were teaching, Forty...  In Visalia, the average salary (before benefits) is right at $60k.  That's a relatively low cost-of-living city in a predominately agricultural region.  However, she was just a substitute.

Interesting, the news pictures all have the student's face blurred.  When the story first broke this wasn't the case - and the kid was wearing a big grin.  

24 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

California teachers make a hell of a lot more than when you were teaching, Forty...  In Visalia, the average salary (before benefits) is right at $60k.  That's a relatively low cost-of-living city in a predominately agricultural region.  However, she was just a substitute.

Interesting, the news pictures all have the student's face blurred.  When the story first broke this wasn't the case - and the kid was wearing a big grin.  

Ah yes, that inconvenient thing known as context, which is often missing from the media and those with an agenda.

And how is the value of the purse, which is subjective at best, relevant to the incident? Doesn't this sound like "....the man had an arsenal in his basement!"

I don't know whether this gal is bats**t crazy or not. What I do know is there's more to the story than the MSN article provides.

I’m at a loss here. I have nothing to contribute.

Time for a drink.

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I HAVE TO GET A sarcasm icon.  I retired 13 years ago after 11 years in financial services in southern California.  I have several million dollars under management when I left and about 1/2 of my clients were teachers.  About half of then were 37-40 years old.  One couple that stand out are a husband-wife pair, he a high school instructor for "emotionally damaged" kids, she a 4ht grade teacher for "under achievers".  Both were at the top of their scales and both had Masters degrees.  Their annual income not including benefits was nearly $400,000.  Others were nearly as well paid and NOT ONE individual teacher at any level earned under $55,000 a year.

I knew 16-17 teachers who would get 3-4 together and rent  condo in Baja for the summer, a few were driving Jags, Benzs, and other high priced rides and quite a few were living in better house that I could afford.  Almost all bitched and cried about the hours they had to work, how lousy the pay was, and how difficult their lives were.

I myself taught for 8 years in public, 4 in private school. 3 n a private business college, and on and off for 14 in industry so don't attempt to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.  My first year in a public classroom was 1969-70 school year almost immediately after I got home from 'Nam.  My per month take home pay for the year was $330.10 and at the end of the year I drew 3 month's pay in a lump so I could afford to move to Illinois and get a job as a floor supervisor at Caterpillar ay$828.00 a month.

Archived