SASS Wire Forum

Colt SAA dead?

County Jr

On 12/24/2018 at 8:15 AM, Cholla Hill Tirador said:

And finally, my Timex keeps time just as well as a Rolex, but if one really wants a high quality SA, it appears Standard is the one to buy.  ;)

Sir, your Timex with a fifteen dollar Chinese quartz movement may indeed keep reasonable time but I can assure you the automatic Rolex regulated to +/- 2 seconds a day is a greater pleasure to wear. More to the point, as you yourself made, the Colt, like the Rolex, has vastly more resale value. Some of us like exquisite machines with history and some of us prefer a relative bargain. There is no right or wrong. Value is subjective to the individual but it is objective in the marketplace as evidenced by the resale values of Rolexes and Colts versus Timexes and Ubertis. I’ll stick with Colts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After confirming with my Doctor that I could get by on only one kidney I just bought my third brace of Colts. They are few and far between in my state. But I found a pair of Nickel 5 1/2" third generations in 44/40 that just came up for sale from an estate.

Colt1b.jpg

Colt 2b.jpg

8 hours ago, Duster Tom said:

After confirming with my Doctor that I could get by on only one kidney I just bought my third brace of Colts. They are few and far between in my state. But I found a pair of Nickel 5 1/2" third generations in 44/40 that just came up for sale from an estate.

Colt1b.jpg

Colt 2b.jpg

You owe me a keyboard; I just ruined mine drooling at those beautiful guns.

Archived