SASS Wire Forum

20 year membership pin

Matthew Duncan

I think Misty and the other HQ staff should receive an Official SASS " Puttin' Up With Bulls4iT" pin with the appropriate number of oak leaf clusters attached!   Seems they can't even launch a new program to do something nice for the members without somebody cryin', "Where's mine????"  Myself,  I don't need no stinking pin.  I wear my SASS badge with pride and am happy to be able to share a sport with a great group of people.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/21/2018 at 8:25 AM, Misty Moonshine said:

It will not be a one time thing. It’s just a new program we just launched. Over time, all members will receive their appropriate landmark pin- and when they hit each 5 year landmark, the next pin will be on its way! 

Misty

Patience, is a virtue my friends.:P

• 2 months later...

Hello Folks,

I have been patient (advise me if you disagree). I've paid Hubby's dues when I received them for over 20 years. I last paid his dues on 1/23/2019. He has been a member without interruption since 5/6/1998. On 5/6/2019 he will have been a member for 21 years. So, no matter how you figure it, he should have a 20 year pin. He has not received it.

So, my question is, how long after you paid your milestone year's dues did you receive your milestone pin?

Thanks,

Allie

6 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hello Folks,

I have been patient (advise me if you disagree). I've paid Hubby's dues when I received them for over 20 years. I last paid his dues on 1/23/2019. He has been a member without interruption since 5/6/1988. On 5/6/2019 he will have been a member for 21 years. So, no matter how you figure it, he should have a 20 year pin. He has not received it.

So, my question is, how long after you paid your milestone year's dues did you receive your milestone pin?

Thanks,

Allie

I would think a call to sass would give you the answer. I would not sweat it personally as the fun over the years far outweighs any pin

1 minute ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I would think a call to sass would give you the answer. I would not sweat it personally as the fun over the years far outweighs any pin

Yes, I know that. However, I don't want to appear impatient. So, I am asking others how long it took for them to get their pins.

He hasn't shot since 2005 due to health issues. So the fun has not been there to compensate him for money spent on dues. The dues were purely good will toward SASS for the last 14 years.

I just renewed. I joined in 1998, got my new card but no pin! Just wanted to point that out! I really don't care one way or another but you either send 'em out to everyone or not!:blink:

12 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hello Folks,

I have been patient (advise me if you disagree). I've paid Hubby's dues when I received them for over 20 years. I last paid his dues on 1/23/2019. He has been a member without interruption since 5/6/1998. On 5/6/2019 he will have been a member for 21 years. So, no matter how you figure it, he should have a 20 year pin. He has not received it.

Thanks,

Allie

He hit his 20 year landmark before the program went into affect. That is why he did not receive one then.

He should definitely receive his 25 year pin once he hits that milestone.

And, they may be sending them out by anniversary month and not by renewal month.  So, he may have to wait until May.

If he received the membership card packet, the last time SASS had to send me something additional it came mailed separately.  So, perhaps this program is the same way?

Misty did indicate that they were sending them "over time".

One way you can read these is that you will not receive your initial pin until you hit a 5 year milestone. So, if you are on year 8, you won't get a 5 year, and you would have to wait to get one until you hit 10.

The other way to read it is you should get a 5 year pin when you renew for year 9.

We renewed our family back on 23 January and did not receive any of the back landmark pins we would have qualified for and just figured we would each get our first one once we hit the next appropriate 5 year landmark.

In any case, with all these variables, it may be best to ask someone at the office to find out for sure..

Either way, just wanted to say thanks to the SASS Crew for the new program! (And thanks for recently helping me get our family renewing on the same schedule!)

1 hour ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

25 years and counting... No pin yet.

I'll get it when I get it. No big.

Can I get a few misses taken off? Just checkin

Great idea!! How about "Clean shoots" for one year instead of the pin!!:P:lol:

Seems odd to me but I got my renewal which included a 5 year pin even though this is my 8th year. Maybe the pins are a new thing and they are catching up.

Hi Eyesa,

Based on your post, you received a 5 year pin on your eighth renewal, I think Hubby should receive his 20 year pin on his 21st year renewal.

Thank you for the reply,

AM

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Seems odd to me but I got my renewal which included a 5 year pin even though this is my 8th year. Maybe the pins are a new thing and they are catching up.

I am tween.  That is with 13 years I am between the 10 and 15 year pins.  As most, I did not receive a 10 year pin.  But, if this is a new program, it will all come out in the wash.

31 minutes ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

Thanks SASS! It's been a pleasure and as long as I am above ground will continue to be so....

20 yr SASS.JPG

I joined in 1998!!! Nothing here........................

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I joined in 1998!!! Nothing here........................

Have you called them or emailed the SASS office? I will wager you haven't ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

9 minutes ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

Have you called them or emailed the SASS office? I will wager you haven't ;)

Nope! I'm not going to beg them for a pin! Just seems kinda strange that some people get'em and some don't! You can call them for me if you like! LOL

46 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Nope! I'm not going to beg them for a pin! Just seems kinda strange that some people get'em and some don't! You can call them for me if you like! LOL

Figured as such....

FWIW: Asking about it is not "begging". Before you complain about something publicly (yes, I saw your original post) you should find out the facts first. SASS Headquarters has a process in getting these out - so in time you will get it if you don't reach out to them prior. 

11 minutes ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

Figured as such....

FWIW: Asking about it is not "begging". Before you complain about something publicly (yes, I saw your original post) you should find out the facts first. SASS Headquarters has a process in getting these out - so in time you will get it if you don't reach out to them prior. 

I feel like it's begging so I disagree with you pard! I don't want to argue but it's up to them to distribute these things in an orderly fashion. My original post was just that I wondered why some get them and some don't! I'm not the only one who is wondering about this! Glad you got yours, it's very nice!~ BTW I just upped again for 2019, I joined in 1998. I got my new paper card. Yippee! Just sayin'..........

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I feel like it's begging so I disagree with you pard! I don't want to argue but it's up to them to distribute these things in an orderly fashion. My original post was just that I wondered why some get them and some don't! I'm not the only one who is wondering about this! Glad you got yours, it's very nice!~ BTW I just upped again for 2019, I joined in 1998. I got my new paper card. Yippee! Just sayin'..........

Disagree all you want (you have a right to be wrong :) ), but your original post was somewhat disparaging to SASS. Glad you edited it.

Have a a good day.

GG

1 hour ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

Disagree all you want (you have a right to be wrong :) ), but your original post was somewhat disparaging to SASS. Glad you edited it.

Have a a good day.

GG

How can I be wrong about the way I feel? Wow! I’m simply wondering why not everyone gets a pin. If that’s disparaging then I really don’t give a hoot!

40 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How can I be wrong about the way I feel? Wow! I’m simply wondering why not everyone gets a pin. If that’s disparaging then I really don’t give a hoot!

Ok, you want me to post your original comment?? Also, you are WRONG when you feel that “asking”* equates to begging in this case. Big time wrong.

*”asking”  meaning reaching out to SASS headquarters and seeing what the program is all about and the process of getting pins to members.

GG

On 12/16/2018 at 9:11 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Me too, I joined in 1997 or 1998 and never got a stinkin' pin!!:blink:

Here it is for you!! Don’t like what I said? Oh well , to bad! I still would like to know why I have to call to get a pin! Unbelievable!

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Here it is for you!! Don’t like what I said? Oh well , to bad! I still would like to know why I have to call to get a pin! Unbelievable!

We can 'disagree', but fibbin' ain't good....if you want to play this game

No - HERE is your original quote you edited from my post earlier as it came in my email! 

"I joined in 1998, I guess they don't care about my support! They took my money and gave me a new paper card! Thanks SASS!!"

save.JPG

20 minutes ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

We can 'disagree', but fibbin' ain't good....if you want to play this game

No - HERE is your original quote you edited from my post earlier as it came in my email! 

"I joined in 1998, I guess they don't care about my support! They took my money and gave me a new paper card! Thanks SASS!!"

save.JPG

I didn’t see that so I’m not fibbing  but so what? I meant what I said and that’s how I feel now too! They just took my money again for 2019. I got a paper card.

2 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Rye,

Just ignore him.

Allie

Thanks Allie, I know your hubby is experiencing the same thing. I just don’t get it!! :blink:

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I didn’t see that so I’m not fibbing  but so what? I meant what I said and that’s how I feel now too! They just took my money again for 2019. I got a paper card.

Fair enough - you have your opinion, I have mine and we both have ...rear openings. Happy trails to ya....

Archived