SASS Wire Forum

20 year membership pin

Matthew Duncan

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Misty, those are well thought out and beautiful!!:)

Howdy; I have a 25 year pin from the Butler Rangers shoot commigrating the 25th year of consecutive CAS shooting at the first club to do CAS in CANADA .( Guelph Ontario still hosted by Indian Frank)  That 25 year pin would look nice beside it.  

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, Matthew Duncan said:

image.jpeg

Be careful, Frodo. Looks like some people want to get their hands on your precious, precious.

4 hours ago, Misty Moonshine said:

lmarkpins.jpg

AWESOME!!!!

Howdy,

Looks like a good way to advertise the society.

Is the 20 year pard going to get a 5 and a 10 and a 15 as well?

If that is a bit too pricy, perhaps an option to buy the others near cost????

I might even put one on my Bears cap.

Best

CR

3 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Best

CR

Your Bear wears a cap?

12 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Best

CR

Hi Chili Ron, 

No- each member will get only the one landmark pin that they are currently on. We hadn't considered additional pins as an option... our goal was to get only the one pin to each member who had reached the landmark for membership. 

I'm certainly not opposed to offering the pins for folks to buy additional of as well (if their membership qualifies!)... I'll look into this as a possibility in the coming months.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Misty

Hey everyone- I didn't forget about the announcement/distribution info- all of the  information on the pin distribution and its announcement will be included in the January 1 SASS Member Bulletin, as was always planned. Keep an eye on your email on January 1! 

Thanks!

Misty

I am a Life Member of 22+ years and I have never even heard of this, much less get a 20 year pin!

Hoss C.

I have a question.

If a yearly member has belonged for 22 years .

The next time they pay their membership fee do they get a 20 Year pin or do they have to wait until 25 years?

Just wondering!!!!!!

Well,

I'm just as happy as can be that SASS is still around and we're still shooting CAS whether or not I have a special pin. Been 16 years of shooting & fun with hopes of at least making it to 20 years & maybe even 25 years. Kind of doubtful I'll be here for 30. Thanks to SASS for keeping us on track and moving onward. 

Hasta Luego, Keystone

PS The pins are a nice touch. 

On 12/18/2018 at 5:20 PM, Misty Moonshine said:

Hi Chili Ron, 

No- each member will get only the one landmark pin that they are currently on. We hadn't considered additional pins as an option... our goal was to get only the one pin to each member who had reached the landmark for membership. 

I'm certainly not opposed to offering the pins for folks to buy additional of as well (if their membership qualifies!)... I'll look into this as a possibility in the coming months.

Misty

What about offering to life members to purchase when they hit their anniversary for the cost of the pin?    Ordered some lapel pins for our group a few years ago and didn't think were more than $20, but unsure of sizes of these pins.    I'm sure many life members would be willing to pay cost plus expenses (not retail) for the pins.   Just a thought

Hello Folks,

I sent the following email to my list.

"Hi Folks,

Misty Moonshine (SASS CEO) just posted on the SASS Wire that Annual Members will be receiving, in 2019, “Landmark” SASS pins for 5-10-15-20-25-30 years of membership.

Nothing was stated about Life Members.

Regards,

Allie"

I've heard from some unhappy Life Members who read this thread. I doubt they would be willing to buy a pin.

hall of Fame, Museum, Founders Ranch, Life Member, TG, RO I & 2,  CFDA 35. CFDA Life 15, CFDA Range Officer, Posse, GAF, GAF marksmanship, Blah Blah, etc. now another pin????   Geeez,  I'm still waiting for the meetings, dinners, etc. SASS promised me! Another pin but no chuck?  :wub:

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

I feel left out, I'm heading into my 22nd year and never got any pins...:(

Me neither, I feel neglected just like here at home.

I’m suprised (and I shouldn’t be) by the amount of pot stirring over a gesture. We are not talking a major rule change or a massive dues increase. It’s a pin to celebrate yearly members and a gesture by SASS to show appreciation. Thats it. No conspiracy, no intended exclusion. And patience in receiving the pins will have to be used. Have talked to several life members who think it’s great and don’t need a pin themselves. 

I kind of thought the number on your badge was a pretty good indicator of how long folks have been in shooting SASS.  Not sure what I would do with a pin saying how many years I had been in the club.

5 hours ago, Smokestack SASS#87384 said:

And this is why we can’t have nice things....

why cant people just be grateful that SASS is doing something this cool? 

What Smokestack said.  I'm just grateful to SASS for providing me the chance ta play cowboy and shoot my favorite gun's with a great group of like minded people.  No pin can make that any better.

3 hours ago, Deadshot Dan said:

What Smokestack said.  I'm just grateful to SASS for providing me the chance ta play cowboy and shoot my favorite gun's with a great group of like minded people.  No pin can make that any better.

Well put!

My comment (and I'm guessing most others like mine) Was tongue in cheek, No disrespect meant or inferred,. Some people need to get a sense of humor and be less thin skinned.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:20 PM, Misty Moonshine said:

Hi Chili Ron, 

Misty

Misty, is this planned as a 1 time thing, or will we wind up getting a new pin every 5 years or so?  Or in my case, will I be getting one in a couple of years when I finally make 5 years. 

Sounds ok in my book I joined SASS  February 22, 1988 looking forward to a 30 year pin & one is just fine & enough.

My wife Sly Puppy joined November 12th, 2007 10 year pin for her.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

22 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Misty, is this planned as a 1 time thing, or will we wind up getting a new pin every 5 years or so?  Or in my case, will I be getting one in a couple of years when I finally make 5 years. 

It will not be a one time thing. It’s just a new program we just launched. Over time, all members will receive their appropriate landmark pin- and when they hit each 5 year landmark, the next pin will be on its way! 

Misty

On December 18, 2018 at 6:06 AM, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Best

CR

Cool!!!

image.jpeg

Archived