Matthew Duncan

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel left out, I'm heading into my 22nd year and never got any pins...:(

10 hours ago, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

I feel left out, I'm heading into my 22nd year and never got any pins...:(

Me too, I joined in 1997 or 1998 and never got a stinkin' pin!!:blink:

Don't need to have a pin to tell people I am old= they just have to look at me    GW

22 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

Don't need to have a pin to tell people I am old= they just have to look at me    GW

You don't have to be old to be a 20yr member!;)

Pin, what pin?

Perhaps Life Members don't get pins.  :huh:

Why would they give pins to certain people only??? Hey SASS are you reading this???:o

All the pins, SASS Life, TG, Founders Ranch, TO II, posse, etc. we will look like coster mongers.  :D

1 minute ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

All the pins, SASS Life, TG, Founders Ranch, TO II, posse, etc. we will look like coster mongers:D

New Category? 

Costermonger Category requirements:

Any main match fixed sight revolvers.

Any main match pistol caliber rifle.

Any main match shotgun.

Must have at least 10 pins/badges.

:lol:

17 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Renewed my membership and SASS sent me a 20 year membership pin.  Impressive.  Very nice of them!

Congratulations Matthew!

It seems to me that this wasn't fully thought out. OR, every annual member over 10 years will receive an appropriate pin after their next renewal.

I'm not sure whether it could ever include Life Members, as they seem to be thought of (based on previous posts on various threads) as a drain on funds, despite the loyalty shown by purchase of a Life Membership.

Wow wouldn’t those look nice on vests, shirts, etc?  Never got one for 10 years, went life after that. Guess we got another conspiracy for SASS to settle?  I would like a 20 year pin!  And every pin before that one too!  I didn’t read if I went LIFE I would miss out, in fact this post is the first I have ever heard of tenure pins?

They are very nice looking and a great idea. Hopefully all with appropriate years will receive one next year. That would be cool.

Geeez; I have been a member since 1988 ( 30Yrs ) and have never received a pin. Mercy, Mercy.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

Wow! What a response....

Yes, this is new.... and (we thought) awesome!?

Beginning with the January 2019 renewal dates for annual members, those who have hit a 5-10-15-20-25-30 year landmark will be receiving the landmark pin. 

We thought it was a great way to recognize our annual members and give them a little something to know we appreciate them.

Sending out the pins to every member all at once would be extremely cost prohibitive- so we will be doing so each month as those memberships come up for renewal.

I will post an annnouncement with all the details tomorrow as to when everyone can expect their pin... right now I’m enjoying my Sunday afternoon with my new grandson. 

Misty

Archived