SASS Wire Forum

Zastava M75 shotgun project

Silver Rings SASS # 27466

I gave in and Monday bought a M75 at Cabela's. I had my eye on this one that has almost a black stock. The barrels and chambers look like new. The action is tight and no cracks in the stock. I plan on trying it out at a match tomorrow.

Here are some pictures.

m75sg1.jpg

m75sg2.jpg

m75sg3.jpg

m75sg4.jpg

m75sg5.jpg

Looks like you were lucky! Our local Cabelas has a bunch and most of them are so loose I wasn't interested..   Clerk did tell me they would probably deal on them if you were interested.    GW

I looked at probably 8 or more, all 12 ga and they were all tight. Some of the stocks were beat up. The clerk said they could not deal at all. Mine was $299, which seemed reasonable to me. I will find out tomorrow.

SR

Hopefully some of the ones not on display will be better.  Not really interested but always looking.  They had 6 on the rack , 4 of them sloppy loose but all the stocks were beat.   Keep up your posts after shooting it.  GW

At the match before we started I fired 4 rnds. The shotgun fired the shells fine but the gun would not open unless I broke it over my knee.

I shot it for 2 stages in the hopes it would free up. No joy in Grinch ville. I will have to figure it out. 

SR

Sounds a like my friends Stoeger 20ga sxs.  His gun would fight him with any kind of shell, ended up honing and polishing the chambers.  Good luck   GW

10 hours ago, Silver Rings SASS # 27466 said:

At the match before we started I fired 4 rnds. The shotgun fired the shells fine but the gun would not open unless I broke it over my knee.

I shot it for 2 stages in the hopes it would free up. No joy in Grinch ville. I will have to figure it out. 

SR

What brand of shell, if reloads what brand of primer?

• 2 weeks later...

So I fixed the timing so the firing pins retract sooner and now it opens fine. I also cut the barrels down to 18 1/4" and took about 3" off the stock. Overall length is about 33". I stripped and refinished the stock and forend. Haven't taken it out for a test drive yet. Here are some pictures.

Silver Rings

m75shorten.jpg

IMG_20181229_143730.jpg

Nice job!  Hope it runs as good for you as it looks      GW

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 6:53 PM, Silver Rings SASS # 27466 said:

Thanks, I will have fun with it no matter what.

Have you had a chance to try it out yet? Just saw a bunch of these Yugo shotguns at Cabela's up here in Alaska and some of em looked and felt pretty solid. Been looking for a double barrel.

I had cataract surgery on my right eye a couple of weeks ago so I wasn't able to go to the match or the range to test it out. I am pretty sure it will work out good. It may need some more adjustments but I am pretty sure it will work out. So if you don't mind doing some work on it will work out. My Cabela's has Stoger or  Rossie double barrel shotguns for  $399 which would be a safer way to go. 

Silver Rings 

Archived