SASS Wire Forum

Gun Carts

Bad Al Zheimers

I'm looking to buy a gun cart, have been looking at Cal Graf Simple Cart but there doesn't seem to be a way to contact them.  I keep getting a recording when I call, "unable to answer your call at this time", and I can't get through to their website.  Does anybody know if they are still in business?  Any other suggestions for locating a gun cart would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I believe that the CalGraf folks retired.  They made beautiful carts.  We have one and have been contemplating a change.  Problem would be our relative locations.  Shipping would be a killer.  We're in Grand Junction, CO.

27 minutes ago, RidgwayPlinker said:

I believe that the CalGraf folks retired.  They made beautiful carts.  We have one and have been contemplating a change.  Problem would be our relative locations.  Shipping would be a killer.  We're in Grand Junction, CO.

Maybe get Grizzly Dave to build you one?

To Tyrel Cody,

Thank you for the feedback,  I found Papa Dave's website, and yes, it looks like they are all metal.  I also followed the link to Jackaroo, SSW Distributors, and I like their carts, I have to think about the plywood though, but it's definitely more economical.  I also looked at Grizzly Dave's site,  does he make gun carts for sale?

Most of all Tyrel, thank you for the warm welcome to SASS!

To Ridgeway Plinker,

If I order one from anyone, I will have shipping charges.  If you are interested in selling one, please send me a couple of pictures, and a price.  I expect the  shipping costs will be substantial.   I have a pretty good idea of what I want, but after the costs of guns, and accessories, I'm not sure I can afford what I want.   I don't have the time right know to build my own.

Thank you for your feedback.

1 hour ago, Bad Al Zheimers said:

To Tyrel Cody,

Thank you for the feedback,  I found Papa Dave's website, and yes, it looks like they are all metal.  I also followed the link to Jackaroo, SSW Distributors, and I like their carts, I have to think about the plywood though, but it's definitely more economical.  I also looked at Grizzly Dave's site,  does he make gun carts for sale?

Most of all Tyrel, thank you for the warm welcome to SASS!

I think Grizzly Dave just makes them for himself and folks that he shoots with/lives close to. He's in Denver is why I mentioned him to Ridgeway Plinker.

There's a couple on here:

Would have loved to make you one Bad, but have moved back to Australia so shipping would be ????

Bad, I have a nice Oak 4 gun cart for sale.  Since it is solid oak, the ammo-box/seat and accessory box are assembled with dovetail joints, I am sure the cost of shipping would be extreme.   I will be happy to send you pictures if you will provide an email address via pm

BIR

Thank you for your response, but I'm not sure what you mean by "pm".  So I'll give you my email address and phone #, email or text will work.

gawilson45@msn.com

(503) 910-6609    No matter where I buy one from, it's going to cost me shipping.   Looking forward to the pictures.

Bad Al,

I just received my gun cart from Josh Lurie of Mustang Woodcrafters. The craftsmanship is all I could ever ask for. The detail is everything, right down to the shipping packaging and instructions. You can get some cool options too. Folds up in seconds and holds what I need. The good part is shipping is included in the price but only last to the end of the year?. I am very pleased, check out his website, there is a very good video explaining what goes into his carts.

https://www.mustangwoodcrafters.com

I have been using a mustang cart for almost a year. I'm very happy with it. Light weight for loading and holds plenty.

Jax T

On 12/15/2018 at 4:22 PM, Bad Al Zheimers said:

I'm looking to buy a gun cart, have been looking at Cal Graf Simple Cart but there doesn't seem to be a way to contact them.  I keep getting a recording when I call, "unable to answer your call at this time", and I can't get through to their website.  Does anybody know if they are still in business?  Any other suggestions for locating a gun cart would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Welcome to the most fun you can have with your clothes on!  I started with a wooden cart but since I travel to matches several times most years I switched to a Papa Dave cart. I added the back box and saddlebags (which were stolen in Memphis in November). I like the fact that it will take down to a very small size and it's not nearly as heavy as a wooden cart. 

Thanks

Randy

Sorry the picture is sideways

1890008704_IMG_20351.thumb.JPG.60e33485c7ffcf7f8331dd34569eac58.JPG

26 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Welcome to the most fun you can have with your clothes on!  I started with a wooden cart but since I travel to matches several times most years I switched to a Papa Dave cart. I added the back box and saddlebags (which were stolen in Memphis in November). I like the fact that it will take down to a very small size and it's not nearly as heavy as a wooden cart. 

Thanks

Randy

1890008704_IMG_20351.thumb.JPG.60e33485c7ffcf7f8331dd34569eac58.thumb.png.c8ea446c52cf3fa6e6ee480ee8c7b764.png

5 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Thanks

Randy

Randy,

Thank you for the welcome, I'm looking forward to my first monthly match, hopefully in January.

I have agreed to buy the cart that Big Iron Ranger has, but I appreciate your comments.

Bad Al

Thank you all for your response to my inquiry about gun carts, and especially for the welcoming comments to a new member.

I'm looking forward to my membership in SASS.

Bad Al Zheimers

Archived