SASS Wire Forum

Mans best friend.....

Widder, SASS #59054

Just thinking.....

The Value of a Dog (its worth or worthlessness) is independent of anything else surrounding the situation.

The value of a cat is often determined by how many rats are around.

..........Widder

Dogs can be worth their weight in gold.

Cats can be weighed...what they're worth is up for debate.

Image result for guard dog on duty sign

Makes you think of this:

Image result for ferocious dogimage.jpeg.be668efc249ba4adfecf08222ecffc8a.jpegImage result for ferocious dog

Image result for guard cat on duty sign

Makes you think of this:

Image result for guard cat on duty signImage result for guard cat on duty signimage.jpeg.5e349733b2db40f45b9d47d5ba61b7fc.jpeg

My neighbor has a cat that catches my field mice; as such, I do not need a cat. A dog gives you his loyalty, warmth, and a tongue to help close all those Christmas card envelopes.

We have had boxers since WW II. They are awesome.Since I now live alone in grizzley, wolf and coyote country plus I  travel alot to shooting matches, Dogs should not be left alone nor should they be placed in mortal danger by living in areas like mine. I have cats. Mine are super affectionate and great varmint hunters. They can be left alone safely longer than dogs.

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am – Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am – A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am – A walk in the park! My favorite thing! 
10:30 am – Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm – Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm – Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm – Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm – Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm – Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm – Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm – Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary,  Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies.” I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously a moron. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now…

The Cat's Diary,  Day 984 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength....

Feed, love and care for a dog, and it will think you are a god.

Feed, love and care for a cat, and it will think it is a god.

I used to have this "Coffee Table Book" that somehow disappeared in one of our moves.

It was fun reading and never failed to stir conversation at my house when we had visitors.

The purrfect coffee table book for any living room or den.

image.jpeg.cc446ee674e32643ba590a3661116463.jpeg

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I used to have this "Coffee Table Book" that somehow disappeared in one of our moves.

It was fun reading and never failed to stir conversation at my house when we had visitors.

The purrfect coffee table book for any living room or den.

image.jpeg.cc446ee674e32643ba590a3661116463.jpeg

I have that book-it's a Riot(:P)........

OLG

Ms Allie Mo is busy over on the Wire.

She and a couple others are talking about Cats and Pie.

I never heard of Kitty Pie but it sounds like a Thai desert.

..........Widder

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

I kid you not, our original Siamese cat would growl loudly when someone he didn't know pulled into our driveway.  He would also fetch.  

How did I miss this thread?????????

When we lived in Sacramento, we had a cat who would growl at a certain type of people when they walked by. I will call them thugs.

One of my kittens, Rita, fetches. I roll her ball down the hall and she brings it back to me.

Yes, I'm staff. I don't see a problem. I get cuddles and purrs in return.

I had a wonderful little female Dalmation. 

She never met a cat she didn’t eat!:rolleyes: :lol:

Seriously! That dog HATED cats!!  She would try to knock the door down if she saw a cat in the yard. Wouldn’t harm a rabbit or chase a squirrel, but let her see a cat and it was “Katy bar the door!”

Never cared much for cats myself.

Whatever makes ya’ happy!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

My female cat, Kitty, is an awesome mouser and anything else is in danger.

My male cat, Max, walks with me into the forest like a dog. He lets me know if people approach my house, climbs on my roof to attack birds and squirrels and has cleared my home acreage of small animals. I even see him contemplating attacking deerand elk. However, good sense has so far prevailed.

I love dogs, especially boxers, but travelling to shoots and sailing regattas does ot work with dogs. Living in wolf, coyote, black and grizzley bear country generally means death for dogs.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!

Archived