SASS Wire Forum

I want to see them prosecute this poacher....LOL

Charlie T Waite

laugh.jpg

I wonder what they charge you with if you shoot a decoy?

Can't be shooting deer out of season or shooting deer after dark. It's not a deer.

Destruction of state property?:huh:

6 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Can't be shooting deer out of season or shooting deer after dark. It's not a deer.

Hunting without a license/out of season/after dark, whatever the case may be. The fact that it is not a deer doesn't change the fact the poacher thought it was a deer and had the requisite intent to kill it.

11 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Where I used to work you were still charged with illegal hunting, Shooting from a road, no license, out of season or whatever. Th decoys were usually viewed remotely from several camera angles to get a good view of suspects and license tags. I recall one guy who fired 5 shots from less that a hundred yards.The motorized decoy kept flipping his tail and moving his head. I guess the guy couldn't believe he was missing. :lol:

Even if you sneak up on the decoy and hit it with a crowbar, they charge you with illegal hunting.  They showed these on TV back in the 80's or 90's.  Some of them were hilarious.  It was not uncommon for people to sneak up on them and try to bash them with a club.  They looked kinda like that mountain lion.  I always laughed at how dumb they were, but if the decoy can fool a mountain lion, maybe I was being too harsh. 

The PA DFG put an Elk decoy on a hillside outside Carmichaels PA back in 1988 and set up observation stations. I saw this thing and found a dirt road that overlooked the area. I watched several morons, including my idiot brother-in-law stop, look and shoot at the Elk decoy. All 5 went to jail. Hilarious Saturday afternoon entertainment.

I went home and never told my wife or anyone in her family that the idiot David would be calling to post bail. It wasn't until later that night the Deputies let the idiot call his Mommy for bail money and of course she called us. My answer was "Hell No". :D

Archived