SASS Wire Forum

CONCEALED CARRY - PROS & CONS

Father Kit Cool Gun Garth

If those who are classified as criminals were treated like criminals there would be less concern about the 2nd amendment! I find it hard

to believe that all the folks that work to support a family, vote, pay taxes are really the problem. Quit wasting time & money messing with the good guys & girls and start using common sense for a change, which our newer laws no longer have any of "common sense" that is!

Happy trails.

41 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The problem with requirements to own and carry is who gets to set the requirements?   How do we make sure we don't see more and more "reasonable" requirements?  

I agree that people should get training and practice regularly.   But I can't agree with any State imposed requirements for the exercise of an enumerated and specifically and strongly protected civil right. 

There’s the rub!! In some circles, the Second Amendment is NOT being “strongly” protected!!  Some folks feel that it is not a right at all!!

Who gets to exercise the right is often called into question.  While the Second Amendment itself doesn’t specify who is entitled, other parts of the Constitution DO!!  It’s laid out so that “legal citizens” are guaranteed Constitutional Rights!!  It may vary from state to state, but in general, felons, illegal aliens, minors, and visiting aliens who have not received citizenship aren’t entitled to the full protection of the Constitution. I’m sure that I’ve overlooked other exclusions, but these are the main ones.

If someone falls into one of the categories listed above, the Second Amendment does NOT apply.

Since this is not a perfect world, all legal citizens of our nation are, and should be, entitled to bear arms for ANY legal activity, unencumbered by ANY restrictions foisted on them by ANY government entity!!!

Archived