SASS Wire Forum

Might be beating a dead horse....

Yohanaqua

Howdy, 

apologies if this is an old sore subject, but is the Cimarron “Thunderer “ SAA grip legal in SASS?  Was thinking about changing pistols but don’t want to tread on any rules.  I am aware that this grip is not particularly historically accurate, but was curious because they are sold by numerous firearms vendors.

Thanking all in advance.

ML

YES.

Revolver Grip Frames

- “Birdshead” grip frames and grips may be installed on any SAA or its modern replicas.

SHB p.38

Okay for SASS but not for NCOWS, even though Roogers are legal :wacko:

If you haven't already, be sure to handle a Thunderer before buying.  Some folks like the looks but hate the feel.  Personally, I love the feel, but it's not for everyone.

56 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Okay for SASS but not for NCOWS, even though Roogers are legal :wacko:

If you haven't already, be sure to handle a Thunderer before buying.  Some folks like the looks but hate the feel.  Personally, I love the feel, but it's not for everyone.

^ This X 1,000.  For quite a few people the birds head shape doesn't lend itself to getting a good repeatable grip.  Meaning you may grab your pistols differently each time.  This kills accuracy.  Folks also complain that they're not nearly as "pointable" as the plow handle design.  You may not experience either of these problems but it's best to try before you buy.

You know, if a fellar would bother to read the rule books before askin’ Questions, a lot of time and server space would not be wasted.  That said, I do thank you folks for your responses and advice.  It was quite helpful.

ML

Archived