SASS Wire Forum

Baby, Just GO Outside

Sedalia Dave

I want that suit!

:D

There's another song, which title I won't mention, but some of the lyrics go, "A pair of Hopalong boots, and a pistol that shoots are the wish of Bonny and Ben!" :o  What do you bet that one won't be next? :angry:  In a day and age when a kid can get arrested for pointing his finger and saying, "Bang! Bang!" nothing is safe and sacred anymore! :(

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

There's another song, which title I won't mention, but some of the lyrics go, "A pair of Hopalong boots, and a pistol that shoots are the wish of Bonny and Ben!" :o  What do you bet that one won't be next? :angry:  In a day and age when a kid can get arrested for pointing his finger and saying, "Bang! Bang!" nothing is safe and sacred anymore! :(

Look at my link. There is hope.

23 minutes ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

One things for sure that model makes that suit look terrible.

5 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

This was sung on Reba's Christmas show last night.

I thought the same thing.

"A pistol that shoots"? How did this song get past the censors? Oh, they're probably too young to actually know the words to the song.

Yeah, and they probably aren't old enough to have seen Hoppy, although STZW is running back-to-back Hopalong Cassidy movies (from before I was born!!!) on Saturday mornings.  One of Hoppy's shows was the first time I ever heard of a .44-40.  Someone commented that the cartridges he used in his pistols were rifle cartridges!  By "a pistol that shoots" I'd expect they were referring to a cap pistol.  But, then you never know.  Had me a pair that were essentially copies of S&W topbreaks, with a special type of  disk caps that fit the back of the cylinder and had six shots.  There was another one that loaded like a real Colt's.  You put single caps into the plastic cartridges, and then loaded them into the cylinder.  Don't know what happened to any of them after sixty-plus years.

Hoppy Holidays, Pards! :D

Archived