SASS Wire Forum

WHAT'S THE CALL??

Reverend Leadslinga

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yes, please do that.

:wacko:

One year at Rail Head I had Matt Black put 3 live rounds and 2 empties in each pistol and shoot the stage. When he was finished u all know what the call was ! Lol.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

Didn't say SASS was ADA compliant. Also I deal every day with everything from an individual designer to companies that "think" they are compliant. 

As for the last item in your post, since sass isn't a municipality or government owned there isn't a governing body that is in charge of oversight per se. But, if a suit is brought forth, thats when DOJ gets involved and you dont want that. You dont poke a sleeping bear. 

You show me a recreation soccer field or baseball field that doesnt have wheelchair access for players to get out on the field and Ill show you that its not in compliance.

This is the comment I am referring to.

Screenshot_20181213-125926_Chrome.jpg

The difference between your soccer and baseball field analogy and this instance is that the wheelchair access is required for spectators, not participants. If a certain level of hearing is necessary to safely participate (I don’t believe it is) then ADA doesn’t apply.  

You don’t see blind people suing taxi companies so they can be hired as drivers.

one way to check to see if a squib was pushed out of the barrel by the next round,,, feel for a bulge in the barrel,,,  don't ask me how I know but my rifle has 3

32 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

The difference between your soccer and baseball field analogy and this instance is that the wheelchair access is required for spectators, not participants. If a certain level of hearing is necessary to safely participate (I don’t believe it is) then ADA doesn’t apply.  

You don’t see blind people suing taxi companies so they can be hired as drivers.

Actually you are incorrect Bill. But don't feel bad, most people are. The wheelchair access is for participants as well as spectators. If a cripple kid wants to get out there and play soccer, he can.

And ADA always applies. Sometimes there are certain allowances though.

4 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yes, please do that.

:wacko:

I stopped putting balls in my .36 Navy's after I realised no one could see or hear them anyway:ph34r:

I am saving on lead and it makes no difference to my scores:blush:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Oh man I'm gonna git me some popcorn for this!! Can we make 10 pages???:lol:

Yes we can!

(this in no way infers my political leanings but I know its going to annoy some and thats just how I roll:P)

2 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

One year at Rail Head I had Matt Black put 3 live rounds and 2 empties in each pistol and shoot the stage. When he was finished u all know what the call was ! Lol.

If it was clean - replace the TO & all 3 spotters.

Yo-De-O pilgrims: Why don't we all just put this incident  to rest. It is now going into page #5 and a variety of  statements made.

It is getting to the point where it needs to be silenced.

With all due respect to all.

Again Merry Christmas & a Happy Holiday Season.

This is above my pay scale,, the bullet is a hit and a miss at the same time (Schrödinger's Cat Paradox) the only way to make a good call is if it was known that the bullet never left the barrel under its own power

12 hours ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Yo-De-O pilgrims: Why don't we all just put this incident  to rest. It is now going into page #5 and a variety of  statements made.

It is getting to the point where it needs to be silenced.

With all due respect to all.

Again Merry Christmas & a Happy Holiday Season.

Oh c'mon. it's just getting to be fun now!!:P

2 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

All this fuss and no pie was eaten during the creation of this thread............I’m confused 

I beg to differ, I ate apple pie for dessert the last two nights; just neglected to comment about it.

54 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I can't believe no one has pointed out that the supposed squib was the 1st round in a a quad tap...

I'm so glad you didn't say triple tap plus one. That'll be forever known as the great quad tap debacle of '18.

43 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I beg to differ, I ate apple pie for dessert the last two nights; just neglected to comment about it.

Me too, only I had apple pie ala mode!!!

43 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Me too, only I had apple pie ala mode!!!

"ala mode".......  Rye, don't be turning apple pie into a religious topic.

:D

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Wyatt said:

There was pie and no one told me? 

Now I want pie! 

If you cut a pie into 10 pieces and the first 5 cowboys take 1 slice and the sixth cowboy takes 2 slices...........

Did the instructions say you could not take 2? The implied intent of the cutter is obviously 1 piece per cowboy. (Like how I argued that both ways?)

If there is ice cream involved, I want to be in line before Widder. He assumes ALL of the ice cream is his since its only in one container.

22 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

And what does the Pale one say on this???

Still sifting through the extraneous comments (focusing on input from those "on site" for the incident).

The possibility of a MDQ depends on the SHOOTER's actions and intent:

1) Whether the "STOP!" command was actually heard by the shooter,

and

2) Whether the shooter willfully failed to comply with the T/O's command.

Regarding the "squib = miss" issue:

Precedent has apparently been set by a ruling by Match ROs re a similar situation (both of whom are also Match Directors for major SASS events...EoT and WR)

BJZ is also on the ROC.

FWIW - I used to have a cat...and I like pie

On 12/12/2018 at 8:57 AM, Major Crimes said:

This post aint over til the bearded Wolf sings:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Still sifting through the extraneous comments (focusing on input from those "on site" for the incident).

and

Precedent has apparently been set by a ruling by Match ROs re a similar situation (both of whom are also Match Directors for major SASS events...EoT and WR)

BJZ is also on the ROC.

HHHHMMMMMM

I think there might be an encore before this Opera is considered over:ph34r:

we had cats on the farm,,,, tame ones and wild one named alligator,,,  we had a game, if we cud catch him, who cud hold it the longest

taint had one since

1 hour ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

and

BJZ is also on the ROC.

I'm wondering if the same ruling was applied with the TO stating that he isn't positive if the 'squib' round

made it out of the barrel or not and if so, may have hit the target.

..........Widder

39 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I'm wondering if the same ruling was applied with the TO stating that he isn't positive if the 'squib' round

made it out of the barrel or not and if so, may have hit the target.

..........Widder

...and we're back to square one.

This is exactly why I held off posting my OPINION re the OP...followed by five pages of "but, what if...?" conjecture; most of which COULD, most likely, be handled by applying "benefit of doubt" to the call.

This has been taken to the ROC for further input and discussion.

Archived