SASS Wire Forum

Changing the Rules

Barry Sloe

Lately there have been comments about getting rules changed.  So, I'm going to stir the pot a bit and throw this in.

As I understand it, to get a rule changed the change needs to be initiated by a member; passed on to their TG; the TG brings it up for discussion at some point/forum; it may get voted on and if passed is sent along to the Wild Bunch for final approval.

Here are a few that I have seen lately:

• extending the age based categories beyond 80 years of age.
  • eliminating the MSV for an expended hull or cartridge that hung up in the chamber.  Keep the penalty for a live round.

I'm sure there are a few more.  My point is that you talk with your TG and explain why you want the rule changed.  And don't just say "It's a stupid rule."  It could be, but that argument is not going to get the rule changed.  You and I are the ones that start the ball rolling. 

That's it,

Barry Sloe

1 hour ago, Barry Sloe said:

Lately there have been comments about getting rules changed.  So, I'm going to stir the pot a bit and throw this in.

As I understand it, to get a rule changed the change needs to be initiated by a member; passed on to their TG; the TG brings it up for discussion at some point/forum; it may get voted on and if passed is sent along to the Wild Bunch for final approval.

That's it,

Barry Sloe

In actuality, we have come full circle. At this point the rules are once again made and changed from the top down. The TGs have little or no power to do anything about the rules at this point, and until they start having summits again, or better yet, e-voting, that is not going to change. 

Snakebite  

Archived