SASS Wire Forum

Let's drink in honor of President Bush

Tyrel Cody

I was too young when he was president to really know if I agreed with his politics or not. Regardless of all that, he was a President and he certainly deserves respect.

In honor of a man that no doubt gave up a lot to serve this great country, let's have a drink.

First round is on my tab. 

Bottles serve em up!

The next round is on @Blackwater 53393

Here’s to you, Mr. President. You were a fine man and a great president.

Here's to President Bush

I got the next round.

Some words of wisdom he wrote in one of his many letters.

“I cannot single out the one greatest challenge in my life. I have had a lot of challenges and my advice to young people might be as follows

Don’t get down when your life takes a bad turn. Out of adversity comes challenge and often success

Don’t blame others for your setbacks

When things go well, always give credit to others

Don’t talk all the time. Listen to your friends and mentors and learn from them

Don’t brag about yourself. Let others point out your virtues, your strong points.

Give someone else a hand. When a friend is hurting show that friend you care

Nobody likes an overbearing big shot

As you succeed, be kind to people. Thank those who help you along the way

Don’t be afraid to shed a tear when your heart is broken because a friend is hurting.

Say your prayers!!

George Bush”

Got a couple of fingers of Stranahan’s sittin here right now. Here’s to a great man. Warrior, statesman, father, American. May he rest in everlasting peace.

His greatest challenge in politics was having to follow Ronald Reagan in the presidency.  He was a good man who did his dead level best in a bad situation!  He was a warrior and a statesman, a combination that is sorely needed when the chips are down!

I got the next round.

8 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

His greatest challenge in politics was having to follow Ronald Reagan in the presidency.  He was a good man who did his dead level best in a bad situation!  He was a warrior and a statesman, a combination that is sorely needed when the chips are down!

I got the next round.

Well actually, I've instructed Bottles to put everything on Cali's tab until she figures it out :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Salute ! George HW Bush

+1 to all above...

Saaa...luuuute! 41

4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Well actually, I've instructed Bottles to put everything on Cali's tab until she figures it out :ph34r:

She won't figure it out. A goose has more sense... or was it that she likes a goose? :wacko:

My Dad was a WW II naval officer. It hit me to see President Bush pass away. WW  II severly affected me and it is hard to see all of the warriors leave the scene.

Had one of my older Ret. Army friends over for dinner tonight. He is 81 and I am only 77. We broke out some 14 year old Glenlivet and had a glass or two to remember GHW Bush. Fine man and a great patriot. Loved people and especially the Military.  RIP.

Cheers,  Hoss C.

“The difference between a politician and a statesman is that a politician thinks about the next election while the statesman thinks about the next generation."

James Freeman Clarke

41 was a statesman. 

Archived