SASS Wire Forum

SASS/CAS discussion from another site

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a look at a few comments and stopped because I didn't agree with their thoughts. I'm new to SASS/CAS, via a neighbor who shoots and invited me to come watch a local practice in 2016. The following week when I went to another practice, one of the shooters brought several guns for me to try. I eventually borrowed guns to shoot at each practice. I had yet to go to a regular shoot. Since that time I've gone through two (2) age based catagories; bought used .38 revolvers; a used '73 carbine; a new SXS 12 gauge and appropriate leather; joined SASS and had another birthday! Starting out at 80 years can be a little challenging....but I'm having a ball!

SASS/CAS are so willing to help and are fun to be around.....I think I'll stay for awhile and see where this sport takes me.

Wrangler Bob #107815

Time to rant:

The uninformed are always the 1st to offer criticism.  I have allowed gun magazines to lapse simply because it is all about tactical and black plastic.  I have a tactical single action that can shoot a really big bullet if needed.  I have just grown tired of the attitude displayed in the attached site.  Perhaps I am old, I like wood stocks, blued guns, revolvers and lever actions.  I buy leather holsters not nylon.  I can run the others if needed, but I grew up with westerns and the southwest is where I was born and will be where I die.  I have shot 3 gun and practical pistol; all done with that.  I shot those disciplines to enhance my shooting skills  while in law enforcement.  I shoot to have fun, to make friends and I have worn boots and hat all of my life and continue to do so.   Long live Cowboys, Cowgirls and CAS.  Long live the cowboy philosophy.  And lastly, my horse is my therapy.   

God Bless and Merry Christmas   

OMG I'm in agreement with Phantom....let it go !!!

Allie Moe well done !!

I read both and well I think both sides (both forums) had good and not so good points.

To those who criticized them as discourteous well on this site they wre

BARFCOM.....TACTICOOL wannabes.....live in their folks basement.......mall ninjas.....jerks....and the now

infamous snowflakes..........     Guess there was a little discourtesy on this site.

Maybe we should cut and paste  Miss Allie's post on this site also????!!!!

Have a MERRY Christmas #EVERYBODY!!

Merry_Christmas[1].gif

On 12/9/2018 at 5:19 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Y'all are letting this whole issue take up too much of your life... Let it go.

Phantom

+1 for this.  In the words of Tom Selleck in Monty Walsh, you have no idea how little i care!!!  I own a few black guns and there somewhere in the back of the safe behind my cowboy guns,  cause thats what makes me smile.  That's all that matter's.  Keep doing what ya love and be thankful this attitude isn't  in our world.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Shotgun Clay said:

The whole purpose of the internet is to allow bald men to fight over combs without leaving the comfort of their house.

I can't see fighting over a comb, but you take my HAT on a hot sunny day, well, that be different.:P

If you haven't sunburned the top of your head, you have lived a sheltered life.....:o

Just sayin':D

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a little jealously and ignorance (and I really mean that in the true form not a poke at them). We have many folks that show up at the range while we are setting up that shoot other disciplines like IDPA, 3 gun etc and the always kinda' make fun of us as we set the range up for our events.

We get comments like you those form HERE? Or, those rifle targets are too close for even pistol etc etc. My answer is always the same and I say yes they are close and they are easy to hit no doubt....that's what makes it fast & fun. But the issue is EVERYONE is trying to shoot them faster than you can......that's when it gets tough. Hitting them faster than anyone else adds a twist. So the "fast" folks have fun but so do the ones that just want to enjoy some trigger time or even new folks. 

IMHO they have no earthly idea how hard it is to shoot 24 targets in 13 - 19 seconds with movement and using 4 different guns that have to be manually operated for each shot and all while using iron sights.

So IMHO it's much easier and safer for the ego to sit back and make fun of it rather than step out and get humbled and I think that's what a lot of folks are doing. That's just from the competitive side. We have a LOT more fun....trust me on that. I have competed in many other shooting competitions and it's a LONG day and no one talks much at all...…..they haven't figured out that you can be serious and competitive and STILL enjoy the day as well.

So we get it all......something for the competitive, something for the history lovers, something for the casual shooter, something for the whole family and great friends to share that with all at the same time. So again I really think it's more about jealously or ignorance. Either way we still get to enjoy it no matter what they think. 

Archived