SASS Wire Forum

Were you this smart in your responses?

Early in grade school, probably 1st grade, the teacher handed out an assignment with several rectangles with a line dividing each one into two. Beside each box, two colors were printed; Red/Green, Brown/Orange, Yellow/Black, etc. She explained how to do it, using the first one as an example - color one half red and the other half green, then do all the rest the same way.

I thought it was a trick assignment or something, and did them all the same way - half red and half green. I did exactly what she said, and got an F, of course. I was absolutely crushed, which is probably why I remember it to this day. :mellow:

One of my favorite memories involved writing a short essay on a subject I don't recall. :blink:

What I do recall is trying to mimic those areas of the report that were originally in italics.

(I guess I was ahead of my time)

To accomplish this, I wrote the words in cursive, BUT with a jiggle to them.

Something like this:

2018_12_03_02_31_07.thumb.jpg.0b17c9da8ee7ac909ff0b4c0a6324e4e.jpg

When my teacher graded my essay she became quite concerned asking if I was having some sorry of seizure at the time! :lol:

15 hours ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Early in grade school, probably 1st grade, the teacher handed out an assignment with several rectangles with a line dividing each one into two. Beside each box, two colors were printed; Red/Green, Brown/Orange, Yellow/Black, etc. She explained how to do it, using the first one as an example - color one half red and the other half green, then do all the rest the same way.

I thought it was a trick assignment or something, and did them all the same way - half red and half green. I did exactly what she said, and got an F, of course. I was absolutely crushed, which is probably why I remember it to this day. :mellow:

Wonder what would have happened if the poor kid was red/green colorblind? :unsure:  My Dad was.  I'm NOT!

Then there is the one where the carpenter's apprentice was being shown how to drive a large spike.  His boss told him he would hold the nail, "And when I nod my head, you hit it with the hammer!" :o:rolleyes:

I would never have given those types of answers.  I went to parochial school, and wanted to survive the experience.

Whether in grade school, college, or graduate school did it never pay off to be a smart-ass with my homework, quiz, or test answers.

Archived