SASS Wire Forum

American Cancer Society

Chickamauga Slim

This year during the 2018 Tennessee State Championship match the match participants raised $7200 for the American Cancer Society. That is about $33 per person. Our goal for 2019 should be $10,000. I don't know if we can pull it off without help so here is my request:

Every time a monthly match is cancelled this winter, please consider contributing the match fee to the cause. Randy St. Eagle will be more than happy to collect the money and it will jump start our 2019 cancer fund. The Wartrace Regulators match was cancelled yesterday so I am throwing in the first $25 for me and Ricochet Ruthie. I am sure the American Cancer Society will be grateful for anyone from any club who feels led to participate. If you are uncomfortable sending the money to Randy, no problem, just send it directly to the American Cancer Society. They need it and we all need to win the fight against cancer!

22 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

This year during the 2018 Tennessee State Championship match the match participants raised $7200 for the American Cancer Society. That is about $33 per person. Our goal for 2019 should be $10,000. I don't know if we can pull it off without help so here is my request:

Every time a monthly match is cancelled this winter, please consider contributing the match fee to the cause. Randy St. Eagle will be more than happy to collect the money and it will jump start our 2019 cancer fund. The Wartrace Regulators match was cancelled yesterday so I am throwing in the first $25 for me and Ricochet Ruthie. I am sure the American Cancer Society will be grateful for anyone from any club who feels led to participate. If you are uncomfortable sending the money to Randy, no problem, just send it directly to the American Cancer Society. They need it and we all need to win the fight against cancer!

Thanks Slim, that is a huge goal but we are going to try our best to meet it. If anyone sends anything to me I would prefer it in a check made out to The American Cancer Society. I will compile them and send them to the Cancer Society. 

Thanks again to everyone who helped us reach $7200 this year and thanks in advance to anyone who contributes to next years fund raiser.

Randy

As one dealing with cancer, thank-you.

I'm happy the research is shared across the Medicine Line.

18 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

+1

9 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

+1

10 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

My wife and I have both had cancer so it's pretty dear to my heart.

Randy

Slim and Ruthie that is a great Thing you doing for a wonderful Cause.  Since it Snowing Here in Ohio this Week and Even if the Club was shooting I want be able to Make Because of Work (going to P.A.)  Vix-n and I will match you $25 with $40 of our own.   

Randy since you may want to post your address Do think we Could create a P.O. Box for these Donations

Blue eyed Drifter and Vix-n 

Cancer has hit us all, either directly or through someone very close & dear to us. It is an invasive and life altering sickness. We shouldn't rest until a solution has been found, so let's all saddle up and join the fight! If everyone who misses a match this winter due to weather kicks in their normal match fee to the American Cancer Society, just imagine how much research we could fund by the spring thaw. You can send donations (checks made out to the American Cancer Society) to Randy St. Eagle or directly to the American Cancer Society. Let's show 'em what a bunch of cowboys with cabin fever can do to help win this fight.

Archived