SASS Wire Forum

Christmas cookies?

Utah Bob #35998

I'll pass, but thanks anyway, eh*?

*(In this instance, that's Canadian sarcasm and something unprintable. Something like; "Why Bless Your Heart!" )

9 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'll pass, but thanks anyway, eh*?

*(In this instance, that's Canadian sarcasm and something unprintable. Something like; "Why Bless Your Heart!" )

Under these circumstances, I think 'Bless your heart!" isn't quite strong enough.

Add some 'poor little' and 'pea picking' between 'your' and 'heart' and 'all to teeny tiny, itty bitty pieces' to the end- under the understood rule that the more adjectives and descriptive phrases used, the more emphatic it is.

My Wife and Two Daughters spent the whole day yester day baking Christmas Cookies !!!

I think they made close to 50 Dozen superb tasting Home made cookies ,,,, With NO added Bugs ...

Jabez Cowboy

Those Bastages! Killing harmless creatures to make their deserts and snacks. I suppose they think it’s okay because they killed lowly insects. Well,  I have news for them, insects are living breathing creatures too! Oh the Entomology! 

:P:D

51 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

My Wife and Two Daughters spent the whole day yester day baking Christmas Cookies !!!

I think they made close to 50 Dozen superb tasting Home made cookies ,,,, With NO added Bugs ...

Jabez Cowboy

Utah Bob De Groff

PO Box 102

Cahone, CO 81320

:wub:

2 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

The closest a bug will come to my dinner plate is using it as bait to catch a fish.

Unlike the june bug that crawled in my peanut butter samich about 55 years ago.

Still trying to get that taste out of my mouth.:wacko:

Sorry Utah Bob ;

Your Government won't let me send Ya any .....

But ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ya is welcome to pull up a Stump and grab a mug of Joe and try some up here ...

Got a Guest room fer visiting Cowboys ....

Jabez Cowboy

10 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Sorry Utah Bob ;

Your Government won't let me send Ya any .....

But ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ya is welcome to pull up a Stump and grab a mug of Joe and try some up here ...

Got a Guest room fer visiting Cowboys ....

Jabez Cowboy

Thank God for my government for once. :P

I've had candied grasshoppers in my Sunday school class as a boy.  To get an idea of what John the Baptist ate in the Wilderness - locusts and wild honey.  They tasted like candied tobacco leaves with a crunch.

I've become the cook around here, since SWMBO has had a number of strokes and can no longer stand or walk unaided.

(No sympathy needed - We had over 50 years of good times before time caught up with us!)

Today, I'm making Shortbread cookies: Original; Orange and maybe Ginger.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:49 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Seattle Mariners have toasted grasshoppers on the menu.

I'm not surprised. Does it come with Kale?

56 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Always --- always make Petey's favorite for Christmas & sometimes for his birthday if he's been 'specially good.

With cricket powder??

Archived