SASS Wire Forum

Station bans "Baby It's Cold Outside"!

Trailrider #896

A radio station has banned the song, "Baby It's Cold Outside" because they say it promotes date rape! :o   Station management claims that the lyrics Imply the girl is being seduced, especially when she sings, "Say, what's in this drink?"  :o  What's next? The kid singing "I saw Mommy kissin' Santa Claus" will be banned because it implies infidelity?  Next, somebody will claim there ain't no Santa Claus! :rolleyes:

Well yeah, it's definitely describing date rate. She wants to leave, he won't let her, and he's trying to get her drunk.

But then, "Every breath you take, every move you make, I'll be watching you". Stalker.

"Undercover angel, midnight fantasy." Wet dream.

Popular songs are about WEIRD stuff.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Well yeah, it's definitely describing date rate. She wants to leave, he won't let her, and he's trying to get her drunk.

But then, "Every breath you take, every move you make, I'll be watching you". Stalker.

"Undercover angel, midnight fantasy." Wet dream.

Popular songs are about WEIRD stuff.

EEWWWHH ! Now I need some brain bleach before bedtime tonight :lol:

A radio station here took a survey about whether they should continue playing Baby it's cold outside. 94% said YES, 6% said no!

The station said since the vast majority were against playing the song we decided to stop playing it!!

HUH?????

IT'S ABOUT TWO ADULTS FOR GOODNESS SAKES!! I DON'T CARE WHEN IT WAS WRITTEN!!

I hate to say it, and I don't agree with it, but I saw this coming years ago.  I think it really got hurt when people started relating the song to Bill Cosby.

Anybody remember the Country song that went something like "When I say no I mean maybe..."  Pulled from the album and play lists because "No means no"

Some folks just have no sense of humor anymore.

Angus

40 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

…….. ummmmmm, ….. wouldn't that be racist too ????

:o

Well if white christmas is then so is black christmas which proves one thing....This is crazy!!:unsure:

Didya ever hear some of the "RAP" lyrics and they're worried about Baby it's cold outside??? Insanity!!!

I'm surprised that "health groups" aren't getting crazy about Santa's big fat belly!!:lol: 

On 12/2/2018 at 5:53 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

A radio station here took a survey about whether they should continue playing Baby it's cold outside. 94% said YES, 6% said no!

The station said since the vast majority were against playing the song we decided to stop playing it!!

HUH?????

IT'S ABOUT TWO ADULTS FOR GOODNESS SAKES!! I DON'T CARE WHEN IT WAS WRITTEN!!

False News :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

False News :rolleyes:

No it's NOT FALSE NEWS! It's WDOK in Cleveland, which is where I live! It's all over the news and talk shows here!

Howdy,

I once had a princess type co worker say that she thought

I had insulted her.

I told her that if I insulted her she would not have a grain of doubt.

Best

CR

14 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I wasn't questioning the article, I was questioning that since 94% agreed that the song should continue to be played and 6% said it should not be.  They said because the majority agreed that it should not be played it would be taken off the air.  That is a total reverse of what the results showed.  That is why I called the stations action  false news.  It was a poorly written question.

From Wikepedia:

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" is a popular song written by Frank Loesser in 1944. It is a call and response duet in which a host, usually performed by a male voice, tries to convince a guest, usually performed by a female voice, that she should stay the evening because the weather is cold and the trip home would be difficult. While the lyrics make no mention of any holiday, it is popularly regarded as a Christmas song due to its winter theme.

Loesser wrote the song for his wife and himself to perform at parties. He sold the song to MGM, which used it for the 1949 film Neptune's Daughter. It was sung by Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalbán and won the Academy Award.

I was going to start the video at the 1:45 mark when the song is sung; however, there is just too much in this trailer for the 1949 film "Neptune's Daughter" to leave out those parts, so here is the full trailer link. (Skip to 1:45 if you only wish to see the song performed by two duet singing couples.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxUG4K-A5Vo

1317112764_BabyItsColdOutsideDuet1.JPG.a42cb4df0c9cf0de288052a8bb3d4db5.JPG  1884688932_BabyItsColdOutsideDuet2.JPG.2cec93e6df48667a6e26da69d9d2da5d.JPG

All them stars and they don't list Mel Blanc. Shameful.

When Red's singing it, he's trying to convince Betty to go home, and she's insisting that it's cold outside so she needs to stay the night.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

I wasn't questioning the article, I was questioning that since 94% agreed that the song should continue to be played and 6% said it should not be.  They said because the majority agreed that it should not be played it would be taken off the air.  That is a total reverse of what the results showed.  That is why I called the stations action  false news.  It was a poorly written question.

Exactly, the STATION was reporting "false news", I misunderstood what you meant. The station is kowtowing to the liberal minority. They're probably afraid of some scumbag lawyer taking it to court for some idiot liberal!:angry:

Al Capp in his cartoon, "Little Abner" had a group called "SWINE".  Students Wildly Indignant about Nearly Everything".

15 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Does that surprise you,UB?:rolleyes:

Not one bit. :lol:

Archived