SASS Wire Forum

Shootout at Fort Miller

Snakebite

Are you doing the "Mother of all Plainsman" side match?  

Let's see:

18-45/70 rds

4 or 5-C&B revolvers

12/15-10Ga SG

Maybe chop a rope in two with a tomahawk or stab a watermelon with a Bowie to start.  All on one stage.  How much fun is that?:D

... I am sorry to say that it is no longer being done. It took so much setup and extra time that it was abandon a few years ago. In fact... after such poor turnout in the Plainsman event the past few years, we have dropped it in lew of adding two Warm-up matches this year. I'm sorry about that... seems odd, our match numbers are larger than ever, but fewer folks are shooting the Plainsman. We use to get 30+ folks shooting it every year.... but maybe part of that draw was the fact that we had a drawing for two BP revolvers that only those that shot the Plainsman were eligible for. Gee, over the years I have given away a lot of BP guns.... it just got to be too expensive. But... those who got to shoot one of our Mother of all Plainsman events, will never forget it. Maybe someday I can put together another one... no doubt it was unique... a good time was under 4 min! Ha!

I remember the last one I shot, may have been the last one you did.  It was a blast, literally since you had the soda can launcher.  It was the first time I brought the mighty 10 ga out.  Good memories for sure.  

Archived