SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy action shooter in Kid Rock, Gretchen Wilson, Tanya Tucker, Jeannie Seely and Whispering Bill Anderson Waffel House Christmas music video

ethan callahan

Waffle House Christmas Video

I had the opportunity to shoot a music video with a lot of my friends down in Nashville, TN for Bill Anderson.  I promoted cowboy action shooting by wearing one of my shooting outfits .  See if you can see the cowboy in the video.  

Hope you like the video!  

Ethan,

that is sooooooooo cooooooool.

You should have invited your Mom and Dad down and gotten them in the pix.

O.K., one question:  who was the male cook?

I think Kid Rock was the one eating off of everyone's plate.

P.S. - Merry Christmas to you.  And tell your folks I send a Merry Christmas up their way also.

..........Widder

@Widder, SASS #59054 Kid Rock was the cook. Gretchen was the waitress.

@ethan callahan I have a cooler cowboy shirt just like that one; I think he's sold that same shirt to half the cowboys in the south. Did you invite any of them to a match?

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Yup Kid Rock was the cook, Gretchen was the waitress, Tanya Tucker next to Bill Anderson at counter, Jeannie Seely was waitress too.  Ira Dean from Trick Pony was in the skunk hat.  Joe Denim and Kelly Ford were the people who smoked out their home cooking.  

I missed ya at the regional in Memphis thought might see you and slater there...  Hope to see ya soon buddy.

I usually tackle the Awffle Waffle about every 3 years then remember why it’s not my favorite. That video was just about spot on!!!!

On the other hand, for the best free show in town, check out a Waffle House any Saturday morning about 0200 when all the drunks come in. It’s a hoot! 

6 hours ago, Dead River Den, SASS#915 said:

Whos the ugly guy in the black cowboy hat??

lol, see if i ever cock your hammers for you again!!!   Aren't you under 5 feet of snow by now

3 hours ago, Faygo Kid, SASS # 26408 said:

Pretty Cool Ethan....Merry Christmas to you and yours

Faygo and Eleanor

Merry X-mas, hope to see you guys in Saginaw in 2019

I made KJ watch it and didn't tell here why, when you popped on the screen she was like "was that Ethan???" LOL. Cool video, glad to see you breaking back into your acting roots. For those that don't know Ethan and his family were also in one of the most epic films ever made (no not Hell To Pay.......sorry Lassiter) but Last of the Mohicans. I've talked to Bad River Marty about it several times and sounds like it was an awesome experience. 

12 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Way to Go Ethan, That would have been a Blast.   Enjoyed hooting with you again at Memphis  (Team Shoot) (sorry we let you down) :blink:

Hey buddy we will get them next time lol  

Glad to have met you guys down there, I had fun.

11 hours ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

I made KJ watch it and didn't tell here why, when you popped on the screen she was like "was that Ethan???" LOL. Cool video, glad to see you breaking back into your acting roots. For those that don't know Ethan and his family were also in one of the most epic films ever made (no not Hell To Pay.......sorry Lassiter) but Last of the Mohicans. I've talked to Bad River Marty about it several times and sounds like it was an awesome experience. 

That is funny buddy, she must of recognized the shirt and vest lol...  

I would have to agree last of the mohicans was just a bit better than hell to pay  lol  

Time for me to finally do a western....  

13 hours ago, Sinola Kid said:

That’s pretty cool Ethan.  Must have been really fun to do.  

yup buddy it was a blast, i was working on the first half of the shoot doing legal waivers..  so it was a long day but lots of fun!

2 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Did they rent out a waffle house to film this, or build a set? 

We started out with real customers eating in the video when we started shooting in the morning.  I had them all sign releases to be in the video, since that was part of my duties too.  After a hr or so we totally shut it down for the day until we were done in the afternoon.  The top executives from Waffle House in Atlanta were actually on set and gave out waffle house hats to people.   It was filmed on a Tuesday so it was not that busy after the breakfast rush.  The waffle house used was right outside Nashville, TN. 

Wondered about the back story. Thanks for sharing.

And in the spirit of GRUMPS everywhere:

Merry Christmas and Get that sleigh off the lawn!

Well, I guess I've been living in an elitist Northeast cave.....

Never been to a Waffle House.....

Only face I recognized was Kid Rock....

Guess I need to broaden my horizons.

But it did look like everyone was having a good time.

Please tell me that smashing the egg shells on the grill was Kid Rock being Kid Rock, and not some "Southern cooking' thing...?

LL

I think that's how short order cooks crack eggs.  I know the chefs at hibachi places do it like that.  Except they do it well and don't get eggshells everywhere. 

Kid rock was the only one I recognized too.  I thought I knew what gretchen wilson and tanya tucker looked like, but I sure didn't recognize them. 

And yes, you should broaden your horizons just enough to go to a waffle house.  After all these years I still enjoy hearing them bark the orders and watching the cooks work. 

Great video!

On 12/7/2018 at 12:02 PM, Ramblin Gambler said:

I think that's how short order cooks crack eggs.  I know the chefs at hibachi places do it like that.  Except they do it well and don't get eggshells everywhere. 

Kid rock was the only one I recognized too.  I thought I knew what gretchen wilson and tanya tucker looked like, but I sure didn't recognize them. 

And yes, you should broaden your horizons just enough to go to a waffle house.  After all these years I still enjoy hearing them bark the orders and watching the cooks work. 

Tanya Tucker is on the left side of Bill when he is singing at the counter.

Gretchen is the waitress who is amazed when kid rock comes out in his fur.  You can see her when he throws the hash browns in the air too.

Jeanie Seely is the 1st waitress who takes bills order.

Video is now on CMT :) 

Archived