SASS Wire Forum

Bump stock ban

Grampaw Willie, SASS No.26996

Report: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Excerpt

CNN reports that Trump is now preparing to sign the ban and it will outlaw the firearm accessories without a grandfathering option. CNN quotes a source that indicates “members of the public will be given 90 days to turn in or otherwise discard their bump stocks.”

ATF Acting Director Thomas Brandon told the U.S. Senate he anticipates a legal challenge against the ban and acknowledged that that challenge could slow the ban’s implementation.

Possibly, and consider the initial sources of the info; but, note that the ATF Acting Director Thomas Brandon told the U.S. Senate he anticipates a legal challenge against the ban and acknowledged that that challenge could slow the ban’s implementation.  This could take years through the courts before a final ruling.  Depending on the wording it might receive a hail storm of legal challenges and definitely not be a politically advantageous move either with the anti-gun left controlled house.  I would see many supporters feeling betrayed especially after all the comments in support of the 2A. 

I personally do not own one and they do not make the firearm a full automatic as there is still one round per trigger pull.  Although they may be fun, I consider them a waste of money (ammo) with poor accuracy.  Besides you can to the same thing with your finger, a pencil, etc.  So then it calls in to question; will they also ban these as well?  Are they going to cut peoples fingers off?  Finally, other than certain unnamed sources who commented to other certain not very credible or one sided news outlets - to date, I have been unable to fact check the validity of the fact.  That doesn't mean it is untrue.  Just than it can't be verified at the present time.

Should we respectfully contact our elected officials about this to voice our opinions?, YES but again be respectful

Charlie

Archived