SASS Wire Forum

Reason To Drive A Prius

Subdeacon Joe

Heck, owner of a prius the money you save on gas will make the car payment and savings for new guns. Great car.:D

I remember the time one passed a group of us on our Harleys. Were were riding up to Mamoth Lakes for Blues-A-Palooza. We had just left Bishop headed north going up Sherwin grade which is about 7%. We were running 65 or 70 mph when this Prius passed the entire group doing about 85. Not sure where it was headed but it was definitely in a bigger hurry than we were.

I don't care one way or the other about the Prius.  I just wish that the owners/drivers would move over to let other traffic pass!!  It ain't the car!!  IT'S THE DRIVER!!!

7 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I don't care one way or the other about the Prius.  I just wish that the owners/drivers would move over to let other traffic pass!!  It ain't the car!!  IT'S THE DRIVER!!!

There are two kinds of Prius owners: those who drive 10mph under the speed limit and those going 10mph over. Most are the former, but every so often I see the latter and it's usually some young man who looks upset that his wife or GF forced him to buy one.

Prius sounds too much like pious.

Me ‘n’ Schoolmarm were going in to town this morning and a Prius, traveling in the left lane in front of us, actually moved into the right lane as we overtook it. I was STUNNED! STUNNED I tell ya’!!  

Most of the people who drive those little death traps seem so self righteous and REFUSE to move over and let faster traffic pass!!

I previously posted this; however, it appears appropriate at this time to re-introduce it. :blush:

1615400126_HonkedataPrius.JPG.13d7caac4d056692bc27dfd995254bee.JPG

19 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Most of the people who drive those little death traps seem so self righteous and REFUSE to move over and let faster traffic pass!!

They're death traps alright. My elderly aunt and uncle were in one when it was struck by a mini-van driven by a woman who was both drunk and high at the same time. My aunt was killed at the scene, and my uncle broke his hip and died a few years later from the complications. There's a reason why a lot of people buy large pickups and SUVs these days. Unless you get hit by another compact you're taking your life in your hands driving a small car.

My Wife's Chevy Cruse gets better millage than a neighbours Prius does and doesn't need to use the Extra energy to charge the Battries ....

Or the downtime for charging .... Both were on the same trip and took turns in lead for 1,600 Km and the Prius still used more gas in total than the Cruse ...

Plus it needed charging twice ,,, and that was not free ...

So I see NO need for a Prius at all !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Got my first electric bill with a full month of having my hybrid Pacifica.  It’s up about 40 bucks....part of that is my hot tub as it gets colder and more lights as darker earlier, but there is a cost for the electricity.  Many have studied it and I think it comes out to about half the cost of gas with average rates.

All this electricity has to come from somewhere. It means a greater load on our power grid, which is already taxed as it is. And that means during years of drought and low water levels the hydroelectric dams can't generate enough electricity. And we're supposed to make it so that everyone is driving electric vehicles from now on???

On 11/29/2018 at 3:53 PM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

My Wife's Chevy Cruse gets better millage than a neighbours Prius does and doesn't need to use the Extra energy to charge the Battries ....

Or the downtime for charging .... Both were on the same trip and took turns in lead for 1,600 Km and the Prius still used more gas in total than the Cruse ...

Plus it needed charging twice ,,, and that was not free ...

So I see NO need for a Prius at all !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Interesting, I average 50mph and just got back yesterday driving from Springfield to Warsaw, 100 miles, and got 58mpg on that trip. Also, Prius is not a plug in, self contained battery that charges itself. Even putting the brakes on will charge the battery.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:43 PM, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

I previously posted this; however, it appears appropriate at this time to re-introduce it. :blush:

1615400126_HonkedataPrius.JPG.13d7caac4d056692bc27dfd995254bee.JPG

You do notice the Prius was ahead of this Ford:lol:

My Neighbours Prius is a 4 door with and 1.8 liter Gas engine and a "Powerful Electric" drive motor (Toyota's words) it is a 2018 year model ...

The weight of the Battries  add a lot of weight, to the overall car weight of the Unit ...

And on the trip mentioned the Prius used $ 40 dollars more fuel than my Wife's  2013 Chevy Cruze with a 1.4 liter turbo engine...

Plus it was plugged in overnight ....

Just real world experience not Factory ratings .... Both Cars are Blue ,,,, So it wasn't the paint that made the difference ;)

So in my mind the Prius makes no sense , in the real world .....

Jabez Cowboy

On November 30, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Smoken D said:

You do notice the Prius was ahead of this Ford:lol:

ONLY BECAUSE THE DAMNED THING WOUDN'T PULL OVER TO LET ANYONE PASS!!! :angry::angry: <_< :rolleyes:

My Wife is very nice ,,, and let the Prius lead half the time .....

When the Boys drive the Prius ,,, runs Drag ...  It is much slower on the take-off ...

Jabez Cowboy

Archived