SASS Wire Forum

Pleasant Surprise at Cabela's

TN Mongo, SASS #61450

I was looking for Federal small pistol primers at Sportsman's Warehouse. I found one brick for $33.99.  Our local Cabela's is on the way home, so I took a look there.  They had several bricks, but at $39.99 a pop.  On a whim, I asked a counter person if they matched prices on components.  She said that they would if the lower price was at a "brick and mortar store" within a 100 miles.

I showed her the Sportsman's Warehouse price on my phone and they matched it with no problem.      

8 minutes ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Come on Widder, a gentleman never tells.  I didn't buy them all.  I don't want people to think I'm a hoarder. :D 

I was just checkin to see if you were getting some special Christmas gifts for friends..... :D

A Gentleman always buys Christmas gifts for his friends..... :lol:

..........Widder

38 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Where is a Cabelas in Tennessee? 

The Cabelas in question is about 300 yards south of the border in N. GA right off of I-75

Tyrel, Our local Chattanooga Cabela's is one mile into Georgia.  Chattanooga is right on the TN - GA border.  There's also a Bass Pro 5 minutes away from the Cabela's on the Tennessee side.

I love you Widder, but I didn't buy you any primers. :P

8 minutes ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Tyrel, Our local Chattanooga Cabela's is one mile into Georgia.  Chattanooga is right on the TN - GA border.  There's also a Bass Pro 5 minutes away from the Cabela's on the Tennessee side.

I love you Widder, but I didn't by you any primers. :P

I understand.   Besides, if I die anytime in the next 20 years, the Bunkhouse Boss will have

a nice garage sale with huge discounts on primers..... :o

..........Widder

4 minutes ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Yep!  Many of us stock piled before the last presidential election just in case things had turned out differently.

Yeah, I'm scared to count how many AR-15 lowers I have in the back of the safe :o

4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Yeah, I'm scared to count how many AR-15 lowers I have in the back of the safe :o

I'll count them for you.

One for Tyrel.

One for Waimea.

One for Tryel.....

.....Two for Waimea.:lol:

5 minutes ago, Waimea said:

I'll count them for you.

One for Tyrel.

One for Waimea.

One for Tryel.....

.....Two for Waimea.:lol:

I'll save you the pink plastic ones from Tennessee Arms Company :P

Up here I am lucky to have both Cabela's and Scheels (started locally but has spread)   They will match prices and sometimes get to use that to my advantage, just cause they both tick me off occasionally.     GW

20 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Come on Widder, a gentleman never tells.  I didn't buy them all.  I don't want people to think I'm a hoarder. :D 

Hoarder when it comes to reloading is  another word for being smart, I got 8 # Winchester AA Lite powder when you could and now its no longer offered to reloaders, and I still have 16#, and when you could not get primers I always had them, so hoarding worked out for me!

On November 28, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

The Cabelas in question is about 300 yards south of the border in N. GA right off of I-75

I drove pass there, TWICE!, last week on the way to see the Grandkids and on they way back home...

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, Matthew Duncan said:

I drove pass there, TWICE!, last week on the way to see the Grandkids and on they way back home...

Next time bring those shootin' irons. You were within spitting distance of the Tennessee Mountain Marauders

Archived