SASS Wire Forum

Spotting scope?

Red Cent

Red Cent:

That is a pretty cool device, especially since it is small enough to fit in a holster.

The fact that you can mount your camera to the scope and using the night vision app is cool too.

1402352782_SpottingScope.JPG.f7538c2bd7abc3eb21571c9ced4bc94f.JPG     

Thanks for posting.

Interesting to see if anyone has used one and if it's quality and performance is what we would expect.

If so, I'm ordering one for myself for Christmas.

I would think that thing would be awesome in Buffalo Match shooting. I never saw a "power" number. I have some doubts. 

"...can optically magnify an image by more than 1200% (and digitally by more than 8400%." What does that amount to in magnification?

http://westernblogdaily.com/the-maverick-pro-v2-will-blow-your-mind/

The whole thing appears to be junk except for the actual tripod which is a good one.  IF you want a high quality phone adapter for a good spotting scope look at the   TINES UP  unit.  Very nice. Small and easy to transport.

All I can offer is what one would also experience with rifle scopes, a $49 rifle scope will not compare to a $1,200 scope. Its about light, filed of view and quality. Hard to see a hit on a target at any yardage with a good scope let alone cheap glass.

Ike

Archived