SASS Wire Forum

410 shockwave question

Trigger Mike

I took a week long course in shotgun skills as an officer a while back and they made a point to show us that pistol grip shotguns were dumb.  Since then I have despised them.  the new crop of shorter pistol grip shotguns like the Shockwave do look cool and make me curious how one in 410 would be.  The main reason they taught us to hate the pistol grip was you need to aim a shotgun and control it after the shot for a followup.  Seems like with a 410 the followup would be ok , you just could not aim it properly.  I thought it might be a good piece to carry in a cargo box on the back of a ATV or in the car.  I ask as I am trying to talk myself down from wanting one.  Any thoughts?

There are two ways to aim it.

Hold it up like it has a shoulder stock. Pull backward on the pistol grip and push forward on the pump handle.

This, pretty much, locks the gun in place.

Shoot it one handed, like it's a dueling pistol.

The "raptor" grip makes it easy to hold on to under recoil.

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

There are two ways to aim it.

Hold it up like it has a shoulder stock. Pull backward on the pistol grip and push forward on the pump handle.

This, pretty much, locks the gun in place.

Shoot it one handed, like it's a dueling pistol.

The "raptor" grip makes it easy to hold on to under recoil.

This one.

Tried mine last week. Hip shooting was pretty fun. Recoil was similar to my 1911. Tried aiming as pistol but only a bead sight and weight so far forward was not really comfortable to hold. Did recover fast for follow up shots. Only problem I had and took couple times to learn was loading. You must push last she'll in an extra inch or so or it will not pick and drop out and no round in chamber. The rest was no problem. I want try get the 20 and 12 sometime.

Once tried a pistol grip on a 12 gauge, we were about 25 years old at the time , after a couple of rounds fired ,we got a lot smarter.

I have never done that again, put the shoulder stock back on.

I bought a S&W Governor because of the loading choices 45Colt or 410 's.

Carry choices shoulder or hip holster , instead of a cargo box ,in a case bumping around .  

Shoot it one handed or two handed . Single or double action.

The price is more than a shotgun but you get what you pay for.

See if you can find one to try before you buy.  Good luck .

Archived