SASS Wire Forum

Black Friday at a gun store

Trigger Mike

A local store put out several ads on facebook for sales on black Friday days before .  I went on wednesday to see what was there as part of the sale was $75 off in stock guns.  They had a used vaquero 44mag stainless for 450 so 75 off that seemed real good.  I get there late morning Friday and all the colt pistols are gone.  The sig sauer sale on the 328 and 938 was good but all but 1 of the sigs were gone.  The good rifles were gone. They had packed them up to take to a gun show Saturday.  

Do you think it was an advertising 'ploy' just to get customers in the store?

They had to have known their schedule to pack up stuff ahead of time for the upcoming gun show.

Makes you wonder if all those 'good' guns were packed up on Thursday with no intent to allow any

special sale pricing to regular customers.

..........Widder

Walked into my LGS yesterday the place was empty ! They were well stocked with great sale prices I bought three bricks of Remington 22 shells for a total of about $40 granted they were Thunderbolts but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen $14 a brick ammunition. The sad part is that in the past since Monday opens deer season every place in town world be jammed with hunters 

What was the salesman's attitude when you expressed your thought's about the missing inventory?

You could suggest a name change from gun store to Garage Sale Store .

If the local gun shop thinks the locals deserve this kind of treatment ,,then it's time to find a new gun shop .

Spend your money where you are happy.

Catlow

We only have 3 stores in town. 1 inside a gas station, buffet. A large one that is way over priced even during end of year sales and this one.   This one does give $100 more in a trade than the big one and is cheaper but I am disappointed about how they did this sale.  

Because of the alternatives, you might not want to do so...BUT, this could be grounds for a false advertising complaint lodged with the state attorney general's office or even the consumer protection agency, and the BBB!  :angry: If the gun show was local, did they even offer the discounts on the "in stock" item?

gun show is 3 hours away north of Atlanta so I doubt the sale applies up there.  He usually does fairly good, honest business so it surprised me a little that he did it the way he did this year.  He has often complained the gun shows sales are down this year as well as in the store.  

Archived