SASS Wire Forum

The Reckoning at Turtle Flats - Myakka, FL

George ‘Spades’ Lee III

Hello y’all,

My first CAS match I’ll ever go to will be this annual event. I was wondering more about annual events. Are they more highly attended? I obviously have my outfit ready but I only have my rifle so I can’t shoot the event. Should I still bring my Uberti 73? I was told to go to some events and people may even have guns for sale? So should I bring cash in case people want to sell some guns/rigs? I don’t know if that’s common at events or what to expect as a spectator. 

Thank you for your time,

Warmly,

Spades

Howdy Spades, 

Annual matches are usually bigger, have more props and more shooters and often will include lunch and prizes.  We have cut back on ours this year and will not be having lunch and prizes.   We will be happy for you to come.  If you want to try some shooting bring your rifle and someone will loan you some revolvers and shotguns to try.  I suggest you try some different guns before you decide on what to buy.  You may find someone there wanting to sell you some guns or other local clubs or right here in the Classified section of the forum.  Try some out first though to see what feels best to you.   Our match is Sunday December 16th at 9:00.  Come a little early to sign a waiver and get acquainted.  For more information on our club here is a link to our website: www.miakkamisfits.com.   We look forward to seeing there! 

Crossfire Brown

Archived