SASS Wire Forum

Colt m4 question

Trigger Mike

A quick check on Gunbroker shows that some of the Colt AR15's are going in the $6-700 range.  Personally, I wouldn't pay extra for the Colt name on an AR15.  There are lots of AR15 manufacturers out there that make milspec AR15s.  The AR15 prices have come down in the past couple of years.  If you just want the Colt name on one, $699 is probably not a bad price.

As I was told from someone who use to work for Colt,  the market is saturated with AR type rifles.  In order to keep in business a M4 at a competitive price was necessary business move.  

The article was real helpful.  the dealer posted a picture of it on facebook and it looks like it is not the expanse version since it does have a forward assist.  I misquoted the price.  it is 599.  I don't need one but my boys hunt with one sometimes since it can be adjusted to fit them with the collapsable stock

6 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

The article was real helpful.  the dealer posted a picture of it on facebook and it looks like it is not the expanse version since it does have a forward assist.  I misquoted the price.  it is 599.  I don't need one but my boys hunt with one sometimes since it can be adjusted to fit them with the collapsable stock

I believe Colt added the FA and dust cover to the Expanse after people complained that it looked really cheap without them.

Also remember that Colt has offered a so-called "OEM" version of the basic 6920 M4 without a stock, handguards, and sights, for the benefit of those who already have containers full of pull-off parts.

Archived