SASS Wire Forum

Barrel maker

evil dogooder

17 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

Any one know of an American company who makes barrels for the 73?  

Could you reline it? Redman makes some nice ones.

Yul, there isn't a barrel to reline.  I have started a side line at work looking into making 73s.  We have all the cnc, waterjet, laser and tools except for tools to do a barrel.  Ours is limited to 12 inches

A local shooter had a Douglas barrel installed on his Marlin 94.  The gunsmith machined it into an octagonal barrel.  It looks great and is very accurate.

www.douglasbarrels.net 

1 hour ago, evil dogooder said:

Yul, there isn't a barrel to reline.  I have started a side line at work looking into making 73s.  We have all the cnc, waterjet, laser and tools except for tools to do a barrel.  Ours is limited to 12 inches

PM on the way.

Don't believe anyone is making ready-to-install 73 barrels.   Several great barrel makers are available, making blanks of various profiles. 

Criterion barrels are a great high-end barrel, and they do a lot of OEM supply.   Kreiger, Hart, Shilen, Douglas, Lilja, McGowen, Pac-Nor, Bartlein, Brux, Shaw......

Finding one at a low enough price point is probably going to be your main challenge.

7 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Don't believe anyone is making ready-to-install 73 barrels.   Several great barrel makers are available, making blanks of various profiles. 

Criterion barrels are a great high-end barrel, and they do a lot of OEM supply.   Kreiger, Hart, Shilen, Douglas, Lilja, McGowen, Pac-Nor, Bartlein, Brux, Shaw......

Finding one at a low enough price point is probably going to be your main challenge.

It will never be a high volume thing.  Just something to do on slow days.   We already make parts for other gun company's.  I have several great gunsmiths that are willing to help.  

Archived