SASS Wire Forum

FS S&W Performance Center Schofields SPF

Wild Willi

I have a pair of Smith and Wesson Performance Center Schofields.  If you have not handled one of these they are as smooth as glass and lock up as tight as a jug! You can tell this is a Performance Center revolver and has had hands on attention from one of Smith & Wessions best gunsmiths!   I bought these about 10 years ago as new condition.These are no longer being made and getting hard to find one.  Here is you chance to buy a pair!   I have never fired them and they are still as new.  I have faux ivory grips on them and the original grips.  I also have the factory wood display cases.  I have a pair of closed toe El Paso  Saddlery holsters to go with the guns.  I want to sell them as a pair   $4600 for the pair plus shipping. If two people will commit to buying  one then $2375 ea plus the shipping.   They will go from my FFL dealer  to your FFL dealer.  I will pay for the ffl dealer on my end. They  are 45 Schofield Caliber with 7 inch barrels!   No Sales to California my FFL dealer will not ship to California!  I will not ship these without going through an FFL dealer onboth ends. If you are a PA resident and want to do a face to face transaction at my local dealers we can arrange that.IMG_0843.JPG.fe2105c051ac793bfe4e1a45350e10ad.JPGIMG_0844.JPG.c66755403e4cf1b4a42bef4641a318a8.JPGIMG_0846.JPG.8854d16b94333f2fc16cb93081faaccd.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Pards, these are top quality Performance Center Smith and Wesson guns! that I am shipping through my FFL dealer, I am paying  my dealer fees on my end!  Shipping a firearm from here for and individual  is very expensive.  The last time I tried to ship a handgun back to the maker was $103, got the company to sell me a call slip for $30.  I have no idea of why the resistance to getting it shipped by my FFL but I will tell you he uses the USPS and will be the best price possible from here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These really are just awesome guns. When I see USFA's sell for the same money but these are still sitting here it's a bit of a head scratcher. Being fortunate enough to have a pair myself I can attest that they are my dream guns and my "Colts" when ti comes to having guns I really have no business owning. If you can swing it, this is a legacy set of guns. Mine will be going to my son someday. 

Do the S&W PC guns work with black powder?  I'd love to have a pair of schofields, but I've held off on the Ubertis because everyone tells me they simply won't work with BP because of the longer cylinder/lack of gas ring, etc.

13 minutes ago, July Smith said:

Do the S&W PC guns work with black powder?  I'd love to have a pair of schofields, but I've held off on the Ubertis because everyone tells me they simply won't work with BP because of the longer cylinder/lack of gas ring, etc.

I've shot a lot of BP but I just cannot bring myself to do it in my PC Schofields. They are too pretty LOL. My guess is not with real BP, but perhaps a sub like APP. 

I don't know why you couldn't use black powder in these S&Ws. I shoot only black powder in my original S&Ws from the 1870s (Russians, NM#3s) and have no problems. If I recall correctly David Chicoine, the premier S&W gunsmith, wrote that even light loads of smokeless led to stretched frames. I stick with black.

7 hours ago, July Smith said:

From what I have read, they do not handle bp. I can’t confirm this for sure, as this is all hearsay for me and not from experience. 

4 hours ago, cowrustler said:

I don't know why you couldn't use black powder in these S&Ws. I shoot only black powder in my original S&Ws from the 1870s (Russians, NM#3s) and have no problems. If I recall correctly David Chicoine, the premier S&W gunsmith, wrote that even light loads of smokeless led to stretched frames. I stick with black.

From what I have read, the “new” ones weren’t designed with the same bushing as the originals so they don’t handle bp well. Same with the ubertis, though they have a legitimate excuse. Not sure why S&W changed the design. They also went with a frame mounted firing pin rather than on the hammer. Again no idea why. I did read somewhere (second hand) that a guy asked a S&W rep about both the firing pin and the black powder, and apparently the rep was shocked that someone would actually shoot one of these guns, let alone with black powder. 

Wild Willi, I am interested, but need to get in contact with you.  Traildoggy@aol.com

Archived