SASS Wire Forum

Kaboom went the snowblower

@Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438

You could always have the neighborhood kids set up a stand! :o:P

946341122_SnowConesinthewinter.jpg.88917361c0e8d0c1355715c3c39a1c5c.jpg

On 11/17/2018 at 11:03 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

I would look into rebuilding your current unit.

SD:

Bingo!

After agonizing over the cost of replacement (and the things I'd rather spend a couple of grand on), I found a brand new old stock head for sale on EBay.  That, plus a gasket and a couple of hours of work produced a good as new unit.  All told, $45 dollars in parts and a cold afternoon in the garage.  

Thanks, pard, for reminding me that there are still some things that are not disposable if you are willing to put in the time and effort.

LL

Glad to hear it’s fixed.  It seems folks with driveways that seem to rival a football field in length, have forgotten another option.  An ATV/UTV with a plow attachment.  You can use the vehicle year round as a gun cart, going to the mail box, yard work, etc.  You get to sit while clearing the drive, and with a UTV, you might have an option for HEAT while doing this chore.

Hey, I’ll admit I’m the first person to call myself lazy!!:D  

Howdy,

So nobody goes with my option, pay the guy next door to clear mine

when he clears his???

And I NEVER  keep him waiting for his gold dust.

And throw in a little flashlight or something around the hollidaze.

Best

CR

I still clear the steps and my car...oops  suv. 

His wife/kids usually steal his new toys....

All good.

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

SD:

Bingo!

After agonizing over the cost of replacement (and the things I'd rather spend a couple of grand on), I found a brand new old stock head for sale on EBay.  That, plus a gasket and a couple of hours of work produced a good as new unit.  All told, $45 dollars in parts and a cold afternoon in the garage.  

Thanks, pard, for reminding me that there are still some things that are not disposable if you are willing to put in the time and effort.

LL

Sigh, now I know it is going to be a bad winter, if you had gone out and spent all that money on a new snowblower, it would have been cold with very little snowfall.  Since you re-built your old snowblower we're going to get a lot of snow this year.    :P

I'm still hoping to see a little Glow-Ball Warming around here. It's already been - 19 and I've had my 'blower out three times or four times.

Here's my 'blower LOL:D

Trust me. I wouldn't lie to ya!:ph34r:

Snow Removal December 28, 2013 Folder 2 032 (2).JPG

21 hours ago, Chantry said:

Sigh, now I know it is going to be a bad winter, if you had gone out and spent all that money on a new snowblower, it would have been cold with very little snowfall.  Since you re-built your old snowblower we're going to get a lot of snow this year.    :P

Chantry:

Funny; I kinda figured that if I tried to skate this year without a new machine, and just hired a plow when necessary, it would probably snow every other day...:rolleyes:

LL

Whenever I see this topic, I am reminded of a pfc in my artillery battalion in Germany. One fine spring day he was driving deuce and a half and BANG. Damn! Blew a rod. It was generally suspected that poor maintenance was the issue. There were other possible issues as most of our trucks dated from when Ike was SHAFE Commander.  A few weeks later BANG! It was a 3/4 this time and they were not so long in the tooth.  Well, time for some special attention from 1st Sgt Fred “Red” Barron. Our PFC was assigned to mow the parade ground, an area about 3 barriers long and a mess hall wide,maybe two acres. One trip south and back on that fine lawn and, “BANG!”

Archived