SASS Wire Forum

SAF, NRA FILE FEDERAL LAWSUIT CHALLENGING INITIATIVE 1639

Grampaw Willie, SASS No.26996

Optional reading for this morning

SAF, NRA FILE FEDERAL LAWSUIT CHALLENGING INITIATIVE 1639

excerpt

“We’re determined to fight this egregious measure because constitutionally-protected rights should never be subject to a popularity vote,” he stated. “The wealthy elitists behind I-1639 want to turn a right into a regulated privilege. This measure was only designed to have a chilling effect on the exercise of a constitutional right by honest citizens while having no impact at all on criminals, and we cannot let it go unchallenged.”

IMHO if it were not for the work of the NRA we'd all have been disarmed years ago.    I'd love to see more good gun owners join the NRA.  We need every hand we can get.

I've not read this 1639 thing; perhaps I'll be able to add some more info about it later this morning.

I did find this summary

Source: "ballotpedia"

I don't know anything about "ballotpedia".    a rather cursory check on them looked ok*;  to really research this I'll have to download and study the 30 page pdf

-  -

* media bias site:    I ran a few tests on their analysis of popular news sources.    I have to rate them as unreliable: where a left or right bias is reported factual accuracy of reports cannot also be rated "high" -- it's a contradiction in terms.

Archived