SASS Wire Forum

Land Run 2019 Southwest Regional Championship

Flat Top Okie

Hello All,

Because of requests by shooters, we are accepting Land Run applications earlier this year than we have in previous years. In just a couple of weeks, we have received more than we usually receive in the first month. Mae and I will be on vacation until the 25th of November, so if you send your application and don't receive a confirmation before the 27th, don't worry. We will catch up when we get back. Thanks and we look forward to seeing you all in April.

Flat Top Okie

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Mae and I are back from our river cruise and we had a great time. We had a large stack of applications waiting for us when we returned and they have all been entered and confirmations sent. I am happy to see so many new names and familiar names too. Just a reminder, we have limited number of RV spots with electric and water hookups, so if you are planning to camp at the range, please send your application as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

Flat Top

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope 2019 will be a great year for you all. As Land Run entries continue to pour in, I thought I should let everyone know that our RV spots with electricity and water all almost sold out  at the cowboy side of the range. If you are an RVer and want to camp at the cowboy range, please send entry as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Now that the holidays are behind us, I know that many of you will be sending your entries in for the matches you plan to attend. With that in mind, I wanted to remind you, that you can enter Land Run, The SASS Southwest Regional Championship and pay with a credit card. Remember our RV spaces with water and electricity will fill up soon. Please enter as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Flat Top 

Another 16 hour drive prevents me from going to Land Run this year.

BUT...I will admit that it is one of the best matches I have attended.

Overall, I give it great ratings on being organized, great stages,  lots of good vendors, great folks, good giveaways, great

banquet, and 2/3rds of the weather was good...(it rained like crazy with a cold blowing wind last year).  I still

shiver when I think about it.

..........Widder

All reved up!! App completed, lodging scheduled, and in countdown mode. I attended in 2017 but had to miss the bad weather in 2018, but cannot wait to get back!  

Having 2 kids, 15 & 5, this is one of the few times a year that the Mrs and I get a weekend alone together, so 110 days from now feels like an eternity.

If you have not been to this match, try to fit it in, a lot of fun and unique stages. The mine shaft has to be the best!

FlatTop when do you think you will post a "who's coming" list on the web?

HI Clay,

We will post "who's coming" a little later. Thanks for the kind words. Time passes so fast. The match will be here before you know it. Your Iowa contingent has really grown through the years and we really appreciate. We hope to shoot with you guys in Iowa this year again.

Flat Top

Really looking forward to Land Run this year!  I need a new coffee mug for my matched set!  You can count on Iowa being well-represented again this year.  For those of you looking for that one "must go to" shoot, this is the one!

Plan is to be there.  Have application ready to mail.  

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, Sergeant Duroc said:

Really looking forward to Land Run this year!  I need a new coffee mug for my matched set!  You can count on Iowa being well-represented again this year.  For those of you looking for that one "must go to" shoot, this is the one!

Well I guess that means I gotta show up to heckle you and Memphis!!  By the way that fish place closed down.

37 minutes ago, Flinthills Dawg said:

Well I guess that means I gotta show up to heckle you and Memphis!!  By the way that fish place closed down.

You better be there!  Big Bird would be devastated:)  It would be great to see you.  What do you mean the fish place is gone?!  I know it changed owners and location a couple years ago.  That stinks!  We'll just have to find another place to make pigs of ourselves!

12 hours ago, Flinthills Dawg said:

Not really. It just moved down the road a ways.

11 hours ago, Noz said:

Not really. It just moved down the road a ways.

I was just by there at Christmas time and there was a for sale sign on the building

FTO...... My appl is on the way........... Lookin' Forward to it, as Always !!!!!

103 Days left, if my math is rite.

PS........ Ask Missouri Mae to save My north side by the gate dry spot for the "tiny" camper :D

Hello All,

Mae and I entered applications this evening and everyone who mailed the application by Wednesday should receive e-mail confirmation this evening. Our entries are slightly ahead of 2018 at this time. We look forward to seeing you all.

Flat Top

On 1/12/2019 at 5:09 AM, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

FTO...... My appl is on the way........... Lookin' Forward to it, as Always !!!!!

103 Days left, if my math is rite.

PS........ Ask Missouri Mae to save My north side by the gate dry spot for the "tiny" camper :D

Your maths is right but your spelling ain't :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

We will be updating the shooters list soon. Check the website when you have a chance. We still have a few RV sites with electricity and water at the shotgun range and the main clubhouse. We look forward to seeing you all.

Flat Top

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Only two months until Land Run and the time will pass very quickly. If you have not entered, please do so as soon as possible. We need to order buckles and there are still a few categories that do not have enough shooters. It has become a little more complicated with the SASS expanded categories and I want to be certain to have buckles for all the category winners. This will be another great match and we look forward to seeing everyone.

Thanks,

Flat Top

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All

Mae and I just finished processing applications from the past few days and anyone who sent his entry by last Thursday should have received his email confirmation. We have 375 shooters registered at this time, with two and one half weeks until entries are closed. We can only handle about 420 shooters so if you plan to attend and you have not sent your entry, please do so as soon as possible. Remember, you can email your application and Mae will call you to get credit card information. We are looking forward to a great match.

Thanks again,

Flat Top Okie

Flattop, how about showing us a map of the campers in the campground so I can find someone to cage a meal or at least a beer from?  Gotta plan ahead, you know!

6 hours ago, Noz said:

Flattop, how about showing us a map of the campers in the campground so I can find someone to cage a meal or at least a beer from?  Gotta plan ahead, you know!

You are always welcome at my camp Noz. 

Archived