SASS Wire Forum

Recommend me a holster

Dorado

Recently I was looking to get me a smaller carry gun. Everything else I have has been a full sized gun. Springfield XD 40 or a gov. 1911. I got a good deal on a Ruger EC9S. It's the economy model of the LC9S. Same gun just with fixed sights and cheaper. I'm looking to get a decent holster now. What would y'all suggest? I'm thinking IWB at side or hip. But I'm open to all suggestions.

Howdy,

I would direct you and your question to Red Cent and or Ken Blocker

and consider their recommendations.

The thing is that putting hands in pockets is a very natural unaggressive thing.

Yet bad guys know guns fire right thru pockets.

Good luck and let us know what you choice is.

We wont tell anyone, honest.

Best

CR

I apologize to ken blocker I just cant remember that name for more that 

ten minutes and I wear the beautiful suspenders they made me.

Well not to bed but otherwise.

and not in the shower either.....

Of the dozens of holsters I’ve tried over the last half century or so, Alien Gear makes probably the most comfortable iwb. Not expensive and adjustable for retention strength.

2 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I would direct you and your question to Red Cent and or Ken Blocker

and consider their recommendations.

The thing is that putting hands in pockets is a very natural unaggressive thing.

Yet bad guys know guns fire right thru pockets.

Good luck and let us know what you choice is.

We wont tell anyone, honest.

Best

CR

I apologize to ken blocker I just cant remember that name for more that 

ten minutes and I wear the beautiful suspenders they made me.

Well not to bed but otherwise.

and not in the shower either.....

Some years ago, my adult daughter, my wife and I were walking down the street from the ballpark to the parking garage where we'd left our car.  Two guys were standing on the sidewalk apparently talking to each other at fairly close range.  As we approached they looked at us in a not too friendly manner.  I put my hand in my jacket pocket, but did not look directly at them.  They immediately turned away.  I was NOT packing, but the gesture was something they seemed to understand!

Just be aware that you may have to go through several holsters before you find one that is right for you. Body conformations differ and one size or type is not right for everyone. Just make sure it's accessible, retains the gun securely, and is comfortable enough to wear for hours. If it's not comfortable (and "comfortable" is also a matter of interpretation) you will leave it at home, or just drop your firearm in a pocket........both bad decisions.

Pocket holsters are a no go with me. I use my pockets for my daily things. I'll look at the aliengear and Lobo holsters. If this was a LC380 or the like then a pocket holster would be great. I just can't get the gun out of my pocket easily enough maybe for a jacket pocket though. I like IWB holsters and will look at several of those options.

Check out Crossbreed Holsters, I carry my Ruger SR9c in one and it's very comfortable.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/holster/ruger-ec9s/

I do not care for a pocket holster. However, in very hot and humid conditions, there will be a M60-10 Smith in my pocket (in my personally made holster of course). There is/are techniques for very smooth and fast access to the pocket gun.  With practice, one can become quite fast.

Nothing will beat the speed of a well made appendix holster and draw. OWB appendix may have a nano second edge on the IWB appendix. No matter your preference, the outstanding positive ergonomics of the appendix draw cannot be argued. 

Take a look at whitehat holsters .  Their a IWB hybrid type holster comparable to alien gear or crossbreed and i believe their made right there in Texas.  I carry a S&W shield 5 o'clock and forget it's there.  Good quality, price and service, been very happy with mine and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I use an Uncle Mike's IWB holster for my S&W Airweght. I sometimes carry a Colt Mustang Pocketlite in a Galco leather IWB holster.

I carry a Glock 43 in one of these. Being undertall (read fat) IWBs are uncomfortable, and I never cared for pancake holsters, not flat enough. I carry this as a crossdraw clipped inside my belt and outside my waistband. I've always liked a crossdraw even with my big belly. Doesn't seem to get in the way as badly as a strong side and much easier to get on and off. The spring is STOUT, kinda hard to clip on but it stays put once you do. Good luck with whatever you pick, carry it as much as possible. Don't leave your cave without your club!

JHC

https://taguagunleather.com/holsters/560-6422-ss-1836-tx-soft.html#/26-hand_options-right/31-color-black/426-gun_models-beretta_px4_storm_sub_compact_289mm

https://taguagunleather.com/holsters/560-6422-ss-1836-tx-soft.html#prettyPhoto[thumb-images]/1/

"....and I never cared for pancake holsters, not flat enough."

Then you need to get a half pancake.

IMG_0675.JPG

2 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

Brobag or murse.

Never!!

Hey Bob, thanks for posting that video. I haven't seen how those worked. Lots of options for what amounts to the same thing. I like the Alien Gear and the White Hat holsters models on those.  I'm going to look at a couple of more options before I settle on one, or three..

22 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

Brobag or murse.

Umm.........no.

On 11/17/2018 at 4:15 PM, Red Cent said:

IMG_0675.JPG

I may have called it wrong. I really meant an IWB PADDLE holster. I have something like that for some of my pistols and run the belt OVER the holster. One that wide can be hard to fit between belt loops.

On 11/17/2018 at 3:15 PM, Red Cent said:

IMG_0675.JPG

I don't quite understand the angle of those belt slots.

"I don't quite understand the angle of those belt slots."

I normally cut/punch out the belt slots to fit a 1 1/2" belt. Sometimes, for giggles, I turn the slots thataway and make 'em a tad longer. When the belt goes through horizontally, it fills up the slots B)

Archived