SASS Wire Forum

kimber hunting rifles

Trigger Mike

Does anyone have any experience with them?  Are they all Kimber says they are or is a Weatherby Vanguard just as good?  I also was shown a new Kimber economic model that is half the price of the regular Kimbers but also weighs more.  I would use 30.06 

During the course of my job as gun room manager for Sportsman's Warehouse, I would always take a look at the test targets Weatherby used to send with their rifles. I came across this one in a Vanguard box and bought the rifle myself. On the phone one day with Weatherby, I asked about this and why it wasn't packaged as an MOA rifle. They said the most accurate actions were made into MOA rifles, but when a certain quota was reached (based on historical sales trends), all the rest for that run were marketed as standard Vanguards.

WeatherbyTarget.jpg

Has anybody ever seen a bad target come with a rifle.    Do like Howa actions , so not picking on them   GW

Well of course not. The accuracy is guaranteed to be 1 1/2" or less for 3 shots at 100 yards. If the barreled action won't do that, it's rejected. Granted, I don't know what they mean by "rejected"... scrapped? Sent back up the line to be re-barreled and try again? I dunno.

I'm not going to give anything other than my experience. The Kimber rifles were fantastic. actions were smooth as silk and the two that I fired would definitely hold a sub moa group at 100 yards.

Howdy,

One kinda goofy friend of mine had a Kimber .22.

One day another showed up at the shop so he had to buy that one as well.

Many trips to the range he shot and compared the two Kimber .22s.

One shot certain ammo better the other shot other ammo better.

He asked me if I would buy one and I wouldn't have anything to do with it.

I figured  he would bug me till my dying day whichever one I picked.

And my ol  10/22 hasn't wore out yet......

If that one will suit ya, git it.

Best

CR

A friend has one of the synthetic Kimber model in that 6.5 caliber everyone is so excited about.  I like the post 64 style Winchester model 70 action.   His is a nice smooth rifle that he claims is very accurate. 

Kimber makes Fine accurate rifles , that said my Vangard in .270 Win. will hold 3 shots of 130 gr. Fusion factory ammo inside of 1 .5 inches at 300 yards.

The gun and load worked fine on a 4 x 4 Mulie Buck at 206 yards, two weeks ago today ,,,

Jabez Cowboy

Archived