SASS Wire Forum

SASS Kentucky State Match 2019

Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162

Now that the Iron Man is in the books, it is time to get ready for the next one. Just a few weeks and we will be shooting at Ponderosa Pines for the KY State match. Only need to fix a broken Colt, load a bunch of rounds and work on a PCC for the Pro Steel Match, go to the NRA convention and work. Better get busy.

Lets go to Kentucky

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Now that the Iron Man is in the books, it is time to get ready for the next one. Just a few weeks and we will be shooting at Ponderosa Pines for the KY State match. Only need to fix a broken Colt, load a bunch of rounds and work on a PCC for the Pro Steel Match, go to the NRA convention and work. Better get busy.

Lets go to Kentucky

I wish I had followed you up to the the PCC match Friday, y'all were almost finished when I came over to see what was up. It looked fun! I've got 3 weeks to find a gun to play with at KY State :ph34r: Do you know if there is a sign up for that match at KY or is it show up and play?

It is on the application. I am sure you can let Copperhead know you want to shoot it and we can get you signed up and paid up when you get there.

Well!!  I survived Iron Cowboy!  Reckon I’ll saunter up to Ponderosa Pines in a few weeks and see if I can stay on my feet for TWO days of shooting!!

20 minutes ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

I sent my application in today. See you all at Ky state. I have  Marlin camp 9 for the Pro Steel match. I will be coming sometime on Wednesday if nothing changes. Maddog 

I think you were on our posse Saturday.

I picked up a Ruger PC9 today to try my hand at Pro Steel; looked really fun at the Iron Cowboy.

KK lets save that for Black Gold, remember we are supposed to be more serious at this match. You know it is a state match.:rolleyes:

Sorry Maiden I couldn't resist

My hotel is booked and application is in the mail. I was hoping to get a monthly in before the match but work and weather has not been cooperative. I guess this will be my first match of the year and my first big match period!

Hangman, you have picked a good one to start with. If you enjoy it, as I am sure you will, go ahead and book your room for Black Gold. Same place, more fun if that is possible. Most of the same people.

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Hangman, you have picked a good one to start with. If you enjoy it, as I am sure you will, go ahead and book your room for Black Gold. Same place, more fun if that is possible. Most of the same people.

I've been looking at the Black Gold match. I'm hoping I can fit it in. Looks like a lot of fun! I had to miss the Iron Cowboy shoot at Rockcastle last weekend. Work has been my biggest issue the last 6 months.

I only have 4 monthlies under my belt, so I hope my posse is patient! 

11 minutes ago, John Hangman Ruth said:

I've been looking at the Black Gold match. I'm hoping I can fit it in. Looks like a lot of fun! I had to miss the Iron Cowboy shoot at Rockcastle last weekend. Work has been my biggest issue the last 6 months.

I only have 4 monthlies under my belt, so I hope my posse is patient! 

You missed a FUN match last weekend!

You'll be fine, help out when and where you can, be safe and have fun. I've found that state matches and annuals aren't a lot different than monthlies; just more people and an extra day of shooting. If anyone gives you any grief(they won't) let us know and we'll string em' up.

{joking}

P.S. Pay the spotters right and you'll get a clean match.

{/joking}

19 minutes ago, T-Bone SASS #36388 said:

I sure hate to miss this one. I have geared up on my PCC and ready for a Cowboy match. Yall all have fun and we will see Ya in Texas. T-Bone

We'll be there sometime tomorrow. Do you have any sites that are suitable for the Ruger so I can git rid of that peep?

kR

Sent application in 1st month. Copperhead, when will acceptance notifications be sent out and RV slots assigned?

Thanks

Major Bill

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Any update on the time of the RO1 class? I'd like a refresher, but I don't think I can get there before noon on Thursday.

Waiting to hear from the instructor. 

I have volunteered to help Shaddai with the class but forgot to ask him last week when it would be. He will chime in here soon I am sure.

Just 12 more days to get ready. Colts fixed, rounds loaded, getting my head right??? OK maybe that one was pushing it a little. NRA show next week then going to Copperheads on my way home. Should be there next Monday evening at the latest.

Load up and come see us at the first Kentucky State at Ponderossa Pines. If you don't make the first one you cant say you made them all.

I am sooooo ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be heading out to Kentucky next Wednesday.  First I'm gonna stop off in Alabama and see what them North Alabama Regulators have planned for the weekend.   Keep the campfires burning.  We'll be along directly.

One more week and it'll be time to set off some powder over ta Copperhead Joe's place.  Gonna stop by the AL state match first to see if I can still hit a target!

Kajun

New guy question, but can anyone attend the RO class? If so, do we need to sign up somewhere?

7 minutes ago, John Hangman Ruth said:

New guy question, but can anyone attend the RO class? If so, do we need to sign up somewhere?

Anyone can take it. Starts at 10am Thursday morning.  It would be good to message or email Copperhead Joe and let him know you're interested, but probably not required. 

See you there!

Archived