SASS Wire Forum

SASS Kentucky State Match 2019

Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162

Pretty sure I gave my 38's to my niece when she turned 13. Think I will have to stick with the 45's. That is kind of funny pretty boy, I have a first generation Colt made in 1897 that is a 45 so not sure how that is not period correct.

I see where you specified a 73, I shoot 66's; only 73 I have is one I won one year in NC. That is a lot of one/won in one sentence.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the 44-40 IS the MOST period correct!! specially for bp,,,   yank yank

Smokin’ Joe Anderson, the father of Possum Trot, had a ‘75 Remington that was fully engraved, serial number 22 that was chambered in .45 Colt.  He showed me papers that authenticated it and it spent the entire time that I kept a room with him under my pillow, in the cabin he shared with me and Schoolmarm. 

It went to a good home when he passed, but I sure wish he’d left it to me!!

I recall reading of several instances where cowboys had their Winchester ‘73s rechambered  or re-barreled to .45 Colt to match their Colt or other.45 revolver.

I look at “Period Correct” with the same eyes that I view that other PC!!!

y'all shud know thit Ize wassa yanking yur chains,,,, can't wait to shoot my first match at Joe's!

Of course I know that. Looking forward to seeing you again, it has been quite a few years.

35 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Of course I know that. Looking forward to seeing you again, it has been quite a few years.

much much too long!

After seeing the buckles for this match I dont believe I will be shooting too much black. Pistols go pretty good but the Double Barrel takes some getting used to.

Tombstone!!  You might post a picture of those buckles!!

Wire's back to workin'!!  Let's move this back to the top.

3 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Dont have a picture just saw a picture of them while we were in Florida.

Yup, you were in Florida and didn't swing by and say Howdy to a fellow Outlaw.

Hurtful.:lol:

How close are you to Steinhatchee? How about Tampa? That is where we have been for two weeks. On the way home now with a new 5th wheel. How close are you to Orlando, I will be there next month for a few days and could use some bullets, assuming I drive down in the truck but may take the bike, or might even fly though I hate to fly any more. This work stuff is killing me but someone has to support all the retired cowboys.

27 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

but someone has to support all the retired cowboys.

And for that, we are eternally grateful.:P

Everyone probably will take a pay cut when I retire next year. Better tighten you belts is all I can say. I hope to get a get well card from the IRS.

Joe may need to widen the gate,,, I've got a swelling going on!!!:P

13 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

Joe may need to widen the gate,,, I've got a swelling going on!!!:P

HEY!!  C.C,!!  Try BEANO!!  :lol:

You for sure gonna' make it?  Ain't seen you since Ohio a few years ago!!

gonna hit it on the way north!!!  99% sure,  after all, I dun wint a pade fer it!!

I am sure we can take care of that swelling you are experiencing, I am assuming it affects you hat? If the gate needs expanding I am sure Boots would love to fire up one of the machines and make a hole.

See you in Kentucky.

well,,, I've got plenty!!

I'm lettin' that last one alone!!  :lol:

Today was our fearless leaders Birthday by the way, not that it matters to the the KY State match but it will get this thread back to the first page. By the way, he did not get what he wanted for his Birthday.

Other than that one minor happenstance Copperhead, I hope it was a good one.

22 hours ago, Ever Ready Sixguns said:

I will be there and the Pro Steel will be lots of fun!!!

Lookin' forward ta' meetin' ya'!!

less then 2 months away!!  gotta keep practiced up,,,  The Ides, then FL State,, those should keep me in tune!!

3 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

less then 2 months away!!  gotta keep practiced up,,,  The Ides, then FL State,, those should keep me in tune!!

Heaven knows, we wouldn't want you to come untuned. :D   See you at the Ides in about a week. 

I can't hardly sing in tune, gotta be able to make my toys sing!!

Well boy's with ol Cheyenne getting turned, it could be time for turning for our selfs. So come on down to our Crap Shoot next weekend, March 16 & 17 and we will get started. Or at least talk about it. We might not have Cheyenne's weather but we going to roll the dice and might get lucky. Bring your Pro Steel gear we just might need to test some new targets.

Probably will not be able to make the Crap shoot but will be there early to help with the State shoot in a few months.

Won't be able to make the Kentucky State shoot in May. SADLY.

Got some "issues" that need to be addressed.

Might involve a sawbones with a knife.

That part is in discussion right now.

But I will keep him covered just in case he's lookin' to collect a bounty.:o

I WILL be at BLACK GOLD 2019!!!

Best of luck to Copperhead and Miss Bo and the rest of the Ponderosa Pines crew in the new Kentucky State Match.

Waimea

We'll miss ya' there, WHYME!! I may miss the Crap Shoot, (well, I'm for sure gonna' miss the Crap Shoot!) but I'll be at Kentucky State!!  Copperhead!! Go ahead and put my name on the list!!

WHYME!!  I'll see you at Black Gold!!

Archived