SASS Wire Forum

SASS Kentucky State Match 2019

Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162

A lot will depend on how the posse is set-up, I will probably shoot a few stages C&B but I don't load Black rounds so may be a hybrid type match for me. If I end up with a good working posse I can take a little more time to load each stage. Gets pretty hard to run a posse and load cap guns so I will play that part by ear.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

A lot will depend on how the posse is set-up, I will probably shoot a few stages C&B but I don't load Black rounds so may be a hybrid type match for me. If I end up with a good working posse I can take a little more time to load each stage. Gets pretty hard to run a posse and load cap guns so I will play that part by ear.

If we are on the same posse, I'll keep ya' covered.

11 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

If we are on the same posse, I'll keep ya' covered.

What Blackwater said.

TN, what kind of C&B guns and what caliber you have; we might could round up some extra cylinders.

Tyrel Remington's Thanks for the offers guys, lets just play it you ear for now, I will play with them on sidematch day at least. I will toss in my double and rifle in case Black breaks out all over. I anit scart of shooting the whole match Black if I get enough ammo. Heck, I could shoot my colts if I needed to.

Tyrel Cody, I shoot Remington 58's. Easy enough to get extra cylinders but a big expense for someone that just dabbles. 

Lets go to Kentucky!!!!

You lost me at Josey Wales, last time I tried to shot JW the spotters had to take off their boots just to keep track of the misses. The only one who did worse was Whiskey Creek shooting the same category. Of course we shoot the SG targets with pistols too and they had to go down to count. It was ugly to say the least.

I guess I will have to buy my own danged Ice Cream.

YEAH!!  I wanna' see that too!!

3 hours ago, Jackalope said:

It would be a treat to watch you go for it, Kid!

As I recall, you are fairly generous with your black powder loads...

:D

KR is a philanthropist with his BP loads! :lol:

KR, I'll see you and your better looking half, STB at Kentucky.....always a blast.

Kajun

what??? I cant hear you, what did you say. I must be having some technical problems. I will have to try back later.

Dang TT, can'tcha just feeeeeeel the love.  All your "friends" wanting to "help" you out.  Can I sell tickets to the event? :lol:

Kajun

I seem to recall a match a few years ago. It was a Black Gold gala!!  Tn Tombstone was ROing a bunch on a well oiled posse!  Every time the BP guys would approach the firing line to shoot, he'd hand off the  timer.  There were four of us, Bitterroot, Nuttn' Graceful, Titus A. Gnatsass, and myself.  Three of us were shooting Frontiersman!!

On the second day, the four of us got together and at the beginning of the stage, Tombstone grabbed the timer.  When he did, we ALL jumped to the loading table at the same time, making us the second, third, fourth, and fifth shooters!!  His reaction was "PRICELESS"!!!  He toughed it out and timed all four of us, but it was clear that we weren't his favorite posse mates for a WHILE!!!   

GOOD LAUGH!!

I dont know what you are talking about Blackwater. I have passed off the timer to unsuspecting TO's when Bitter Root gets up but I love my brothers that shoot the black and I am already about half deaf. Must explain the above post. However I do know for sure now that second hand smoke kills.

Yes KK, I do feel the love. My friends are always looking for ways to help me out. Why at the last few matches Whiskey Creek made sure my glass was never empty especially on the night before the opening day.

Friends, cant live with them and you cant shoot them.

7 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I dont know what you are talking about Blackwater. I have passed off the timer to unsuspecting TO's when Bitter Root gets up but I love my brothers that shoot the black and I am already about half deaf. Must explain the above post. However I do know for sure now that second hand smoke kills.

Yes KK, I do feel the love. My friends are always looking for ways to help me out. Why at the last few matches Whiskey Creek made sure my glass was never empty especially on the night before the opening day.

Friends, cant live with them and you cant shoot them.

I would love to be on your posse TT. It was a blast at TN state match.

kR

Don't know how or who yet but will see what stacks up.

My posse does seem to have a lot of fun, mostly laughing at me but hey, as Lady T says, "Tombstone  is for novelty and entertainment purposes only"

50 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Don't know how or who yet but will see what stacks up.

My posse does seem to have a lot of fun, mostly laughing at me but hey, as Lady T says, "Tombstone  is for novelty and entertainment purposes only"

Sounds a lot like Schoolmarm talkin' 'bout several of us!!

Re posse requests:  I am begging you guys - make yr requests on yr applications, not when you show up.  A great deal of thought has gone in to posse assignments - enough RO's to run the posse, shooter styles to allow posse's to finish in timely fashion, and a gazillion other considerations to make the match run smoothly.  The "staff" at Ponderosa Pines is too nice to question yr last minute changes (which can and will involve several posses, not just yrs) but I am not.  Give 'em a break.

6 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

A man just cant have enough friends. Thanks for all the offers.

Especially in our part of the country!!  Ain't it cool??

You can leave the Walkers at home if they are for me. It does sound like I could be like Fire N Fall Back and shoot different guns every stage.  That would be fun. Not the Walkers. I could bring my Colts and Remington 75's along with the cap guns, shoot black, modern and who know what gifts I might receive. Sounds like something that might start a gun fight.

Lets go to Kentucky

I've got a bunch of bp shells loaded up thit I wunt be using I cud brang tham fer ya TT

TT!!      If you need  ‘em, I can loan you my Remington 10ga double and the ol’ Winchester 1901 with some of my special ammo!! ;) ;) :lol:

If you bring the ‘75s, I would love to check them out!

I don't shoot 45s, not period correct for a 73,,, 44-40s and yes 38s too:P

Archived