SASS Wire Forum

2018 Hangin at Coyote Creek in Louisiana, a great success. Thanks!

Dusty Sometimes

Our 2019 annual match in LA at the Bayou Bounty Hunters, was smaller in attendance (44 shooters) but still just as large in quality. The month before, we purchased and cut new targets (squares, diamonds and Louisiana State shapes) and had them hung in time for Friday. 

We had plenty of campers to keep the campfire going through the chilly wet weekend. Friday side matches, long range and speed matches were done under cover from the showers. Main matches had no rain and sun to warm the temps.

At the Saturday night banquet, the dinner was excellent and every shooter went home with a prize. For the raffles, a local shooter (Sassy Schoolmarm) won the real C-Sharps 45-70 Buffalo Rifle and a visiting shooter (Sharpeye) won a complete Dillon 650 and a coupon for a Rugged Gear gun cart. Another shooter won a complete 1858 BP pistol kit. 

At Sunday awards, all first place winners went home with flashy nickle plated buckles and engraved mugs for 2nd and 3rd. Duke City Deadeye was top Cowboy with Macon A. Longshot just 1 sec behind him, followed by Dakota Steele. Diamond Lily was Top Cowgirl and we had plenty of clean match awards also. For Side Matches, genuine Morgan Silver dollar coins dated from the 1880s were given to the top inspirational Cowboy (Macon A. Longshot) and the top inspirational Cowgirl (Dixie Deadeye) not just for times or scores but for their tenacity. We'll do this again next year. 

2018 Hangin: Great stages with new targets, rebuilt stages from the 2016 floods, all hot meals included, awesome guns and raffle prizes, BUT, a truly honorable memoriam for our pard that passed, Parson Delacroix, who continues to be missed at every match, and the camaraderie of 44 of the best cowboys & cowgirls to ever walk this earth!  

See yall next year! 

Dusty Sometimes

Match Director

Hangin' at Coyote Creek is one of the best shoots I've been to.  This was the 4th year in a row there for me and it just keeps getting better each time.  Thank ya'll for putting on such a GREAT match!

Thanks for the positive comments! Please check out our Bayou Bounty Hunters website for photos and scores which are now posted. 

PS:  My 4 misses at the Fort were due to my 73 rifle locking up with 4 rounds in the tube. Dagnabbit!

Chief Rick, thank you for the great WTC lesson on Saturday, hahahaha.....

Dusty

I had a great time!!!!!  Wonderful people and great food and "drinks".   The new targets ring like bells(if you hit them!) and were twice as big as the old targets.  The Bayou Bounty Hunters really did a great job of having the range ready!  Thanks again to the Bayou Bounty Hunters!!!!!!!!

Archived