• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Did it taste like chicken? :lol::lol:

Kajun

9 hours ago, Ethan Cord said:

Doesn’t everything? :lol:

If it tastes like chicken, and ain't chicken... sumpin's WRONG!

I am on South Beach.  Black bean chili.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

This thread should be moved to the saloon.

Beans

Beans and cheap beer, now THERE is a good combo!!!

On 11/9/2018 at 12:38 PM, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

It’s that time of year.......chili.......beans or no beans? I say beans. 

Too soon.  You barely have snow on the ground. :P

Momma made chili -with beans and venison. Spaghetti with venison and we had venison steaks for supper last week. Making room in the freezer. And gave 50 bluegill fillets to our new neighbor. 

Add a tablespoon of ground ginger to the mix and there will be no flatulance, I learned that from my grandmother many years ago and it works. I do the same when I make ham and beans, no gas.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:05 AM, Yul Lose said:

Add a tablespoon of ground ginger to the mix and there will be no flatulance, I learned that from my grandmother many years ago and it works. I do the same when I make ham and beans, no gas.

Where's the fun in that? Lol  The scene from Blazing Saddles would have never been the same if they'd had ginger in their chili. Silly

Chili without beans is chili sauce and goes on Hot Dogs! Put some beans in it for cryin out loud! And don't scimp on the peppers!

Like this!

Ghost, Habanero, Jalepeno, Hatch 2X Hot Green Peppers, Chorizo, Pork, Beef, and NO BEANS.

Just Sayin’

Amarillo Rattler

457C1D73-C693-48FD-ACF0-67DF88CC517C.jpeg

1 minute ago, Amarillo Rattler said:

Like this!

Ghost, Habanero, Jalepeno, Chirozo, Pork, Beef, and NO BEANS.

Just Sayin’

Amarillo Rattler

457C1D73-C693-48FD-ACF0-67DF88CC517C.jpeg

ok you win! looks freaking great

On 11/9/2018 at 3:03 PM, Grizzly Dave said:

IMO

Chili has beans in it.

Green chili or red chili not so much.

I like to eat chili (with beans) with some diced onions (raw, not cooked) and shredded cheese on top, liberal amount of both.

I think you got it.  I have found the last few years I like a little sour cream in mine also, and I can't eat it for supper without getting heart burn.  Have to have my chili for lunch or a mid afternoon supper.  Getting old sucks.  

It’s like this pards , Chile is like women so many different types and flavors to suit every mans likenings. As long as you enjoy the one you have it does not matter if anyone else does! 

And I mean that with all respect to the ladies and the chili

On 11/10/2018 at 7:57 AM, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

Ginger or Mary Ann?

That got me into trouble once (just once). Shortcake said she was going shopping and left in the pickup, not her Subaru (red flag). So now I have to wonder what on earth will NOT fit in the Subaru that caught her eye that she needs the truck??? In about an hour she returned with a patio set; table and four stools made of concrete. They were cast in a "south pacific" style. Enlisting some help from younger and stronger neighbors, we got the set in place. One of the helpers remarked that the designs reminded him of "Gilligan's Island." I said, "Story of my life guys. Instead of Ginger or Mary Ann, I wound up with Mrs. Howell." I thought it was funny, but they weren't laughing. They were looking behind me (oh no). Yep. Busted. Shortcake had been behind me. I didn't see her at first, but did feel her foot on my butt. Twice. So if we are at a gathering, and the "Ginger or Mary Ann" topic comes up, I fully exercise my right to remain silent.

As for the chili, Shortcake is No Beans, and I am more Beans.

Archived