SASS Wire Forum

I was watching an episode of Gunsmoke today and got tripped up over something a character said. 

The lady said, “We can make boysenberry cobbler!”

It suddenly occurred to me that boysenberrys weren’t cultivated until the 1920s!!!

I’ve noticed things in movies and TV shows that were out of place or didn’t fit the time frame of the story for YEARS!!  The turbo 400 transmission in Falfa’s ‘55 Chevy in American Graffiti, John Wayne’s ‘92s, revolvers in Alamo movies, etc... ad infinitum.

Horticulture?? REALLY??

:rolleyes: :lol:

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

The turbo 400 transmission in Falfa’s ‘55 Chevy in American Graffiti, 

Okay, I looked it up and that tranny didn't appear until 1964, anf the movie was '62.

But how did you know that's what he had?

They may have been growing wild and the guy that picked them the first time was named Boysen?

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Okay, I looked it up and that tranny didn't appear until 1964, anf the movie was '62.

But how did you know that's what he had?

In the race scene when the ‘55 flipped, the transmission pan was dead center of the picture. That particular pan is very unique!

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

They may have been growing wild and the guy that picked them the first time was named Boysen?

A man named Rudolf Boysen crossed European raspberries and European blackberries and then crossed that with dewberries and loganberries in the early 1920s.  The boysenberry is, (or was) the product central to the Knott’s Berry Farm brand.

Just now, Blackwater 53393 said:

In the race scene when the ‘55 flipped, the transmission pan was dead center of the picture.

A man named Rudolf Boysen crossed European raspberries and European blackberries and then crossed that with dewberries and loganberries in the early 1920s.  The boysenberry is, (or was) the product central to the Knott’s Berry Farm brand.

I got part of it right.:)

...and as Stan Laurel said to Oliver Hardy, "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil has to be lead."

Which has nothing to do with horticulture or boysenberries or Dorothy Parker.

So, carry on.

Archived