SASS Wire Forum

Match Pins: On Hat or elsewhere

Ninety Caliber Al, 50218

As most of you , im sure, I have accumulated  a large collection of pins from various annual matches over the years. Looking for opinions as to what to do to display them. I’ve had some on my gun cart in times past. Wondering how folks feel about wearing them on your hat?

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
1 minute ago, Ninety Caliber Al, 50218 said:

As most of you , im sure, I have accumulated  a large collection of pins from various annual matches over the years. Looking for opinions as to what to do to display them. I’ve had some on my gun cart in times past. Wondering how folks feel about wearing them on your hat?

NO! 

Some folks cover their braces with pins, some their hat or vest.  That's fine for them, but I prefer to look like a cowboy ;) . 

My choice would be guncart.

It’s up to you. I shoot with a few pards that have pins on their hats, no big deal.

I would say no.

Display them in your gun room or something similar, otherwise, IMHO, you could end up looking like a Boy Scout wearing his merit badges on his sash.

I’ve got one on mine that is good for unlimited drinks at The Jersey Lilly.

Someone (not me) stuck them all into my nice, clean and smooth sheetrock wall

1 hour ago, Ninety Caliber Al, 50218 said:

Sorry, the picture is sideways but this is how I display mine, it's hanging in my office. A friend made it for me.

Randy

IMG_0812.thumb.JPG.ebd6d18d80417f6efe598e2973e57932.JPGS

14 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I prefer to look like a cowboy ;) . 

My choice would be guncart.

Agree with this. Guncart or at home or office on walls, etc.

I pin mine to the Scoring Throne.  Petey has 20+ yrs worth of match badges on ribbon streamers in his shop.  The win buckles are in the downstairs (accidentally cowboy-themed) bathroom.  He has some  other stuff at his office but I've long-since lost track of what's where.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

I vote for a box in the garage.

Lol that's where most my buckles go.  

One of my friends talked about stiffening an old cowboy shirt that didn't fit anymore. to display pins on.    GW

Mine usually end up in a plastic box where I keep match name badges and such. Unless they are really neat or have a special meaning to me.

I like the name badges we have received at the Ohio State Championships the last two years. I have those on my hat along with my IJAFG pin. My suspenders usually hold my SASS badges, Regulator badge, Club badges, Jedi Gunfighter Pin, and Lords Posse Pin.

I've got lots of pins, too.  Clean matches, match badges, various awards.....  They're everywhere.  I wear some, some are on the gun cart, I have almost twenty years worth of name badges pinned to a curtain and more pinned to the fabric trim in our camper.  I know shooters that prefer to wear no pins except the name badge they get at a match, and others that love to wear as many as they can in any way that they can.  The bottom line is, the pins are yours.  The clothing, hats, suspenders, etc, are yours too.  Enjoy your pins however you want to.  My personal preference is not yours and perhaps yours is not mine.  Another shooter's lack of "embellishments" does not impact my game any more than the 50 or more pins on another shooters vest or hat.  

Mine are currently in a shoebox in the closet, but will shortly be up on the wall behind my reloading bench. I have a couple of clean shoot pins on the band of one hat, but otherwise don’t wear any pins or badges but the name badge for the match I’m shooting in. Nothing against anyone who does different, that’s just what I’ve gotten used to. 

Archived