SASS Wire Forum

Fishing advise from the Okie pards.

Dorado

Howdy pards! been a while since I've been in here. Life's been crazy. Anyways, I'm looking at taking a fishing trip up to Oklahoma in the next couple of weeks in search of trout. I've been eyeing that medicine park in Lawton and a few other places. I was wondering if y'all had any suggestions. I've never been trout fishing.

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Are you fly fishing, lure fishing or bait fishing?

A bit of all three. Mainly fly however I'll be bringing a couple of spinning rods to toss some lures and maybe some live bait if permitted. I'm not 100% on the regulations. I know some places allow it but some don't.

2 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Be sure to take fishing pole....

Texas Lizard

but what about string and hooks?

48 minutes ago, Pulp, SASS#28319 said:

Blue River at Tishomingo, Mt Fork River at Beaver’s Bend near Broken Bow.

Thanks Pulp! I'll keep those in mind. I'm thinking of trying out Medicine park hopefully this next weekend as it's close. Those others I think I'd have to take a couple of days off before I can go. I won't have that until next year.

2 hours ago, Dorado said:

A bit of all three. Mainly fly however I'll be bringing a couple of spinning rods to toss some lures and maybe some live bait if permitted. I'm not 100% on the regulations. I know some places allow it but some don't.

I was going to say remember to take some spinners in a variety of colors. I like Mepps 1/16 and 1/8 oz.

I'll get some! Got a lot of flies I tied and some other lures I'm gonna try.

Archived