SASS Wire Forum

Nephews first buck.

evil dogooder

I got to take my nephew out for his first buck last week. I'm proud of the kid. 

91 yards off hand 1 shot,  destroyed the heart but little meat loss.     Better yet he wants to shoot cas.

20181019_183734.jpg

Very nice. I still remember shooting my first buck. With a .410 slug at @45 yds. Thought I was Daniel Boone.

Good Shooting and Nice Buck!

@evil dogooder

Thanks for sharing.

I'm always thrilled when I see our youth learn how to use firearms at a young age.

I was never given that opportunity with my dad as he never was a firearms guy probably because of our constantly moving from base to base and those years when we took in foster kids.

He didn't want to run the risk with so many kids in the house.

By the way, I thought the thread was going to be about your nephew first job and the first buck he made. Oh well, maybe later on another thread.

A mule deer!! Are there more mule deer or white tails up there? Very nice first buck!!!

Well done to both of you.  My first was not as memorable an experience, details best not shared.

However, I am eager to try my first ever handloads for my .270 Winchester in a couple of weeks.  I would be delighted to match your nephew's success!  

Get that young man some cowboy guns and lets see what else he can do!

Volga I would but he lives in Idaho.  I'm going to try and track down a few shooters closer to him to get him started

Score!

Archived