SASS Wire Forum

Parker Ks. Border wars!

Silver Creek Jack

Howdy all, been meaning to get on here and let you all know (that didn't go) about the best, most challenging and fun shoot of the year up at Parker Ks, Border Wars last weekend, what a hoot! Its my 3rd. time I have competed there and it has proven to be a real blast(pun intended) every time. I love their long range event on Friday before the regular shoot Saturday and sunday, nice range very well run thanks to Ruben and Tater! And a bunch of competitive long range shooters that really know the sport! Saturday and sunday make sure you have your sights set properly on your firearms because your gonna need them! Great stages that require speed AND accuracy to win but no "P" traps! Thanks Cornbread and Beans, and the others involved in the setup! I was in a really fun posse and everyone worked  to make it flow smoothly, watching ol Richie Reno burn through the stages was a real education on gun handling and smooth transitions in the stage, great job Richie! Super banquet on Saturday night, fun drawings and prizes and the food was excellent. Sunday food was really good as usual and the raffle for a Uberti 73 rifle and Dillon reloader went off without a hitch(except I didn't win either one!) awards were handed out and away we went. I have made a lot of good friends in this sport the last 3 years and continue to make new ones every shoot and this one was no different! And above all thanks to Buffalo Phil, your generosity is much appreciated as none of this shoot would be possible without you! Guys and gals if you want to have a GREAT time with a lot of GREAT people make this shoot a must go!  Thanks -SCJ

Archived