SASS Wire Forum

cowboy day at school

Trigger Mike

today is cowboy day at my kids school.  My 13 year old wore my boots I wear to a match (when I get to go to one which is never lately)  .  He also wore one of my gun belts and holsters.  I asked the headmaster (it's a Christian school) by text this morning if that was allowed since last year a child got suspended for using his fingers as a gun.  The headmaster said he can wear gun belts and holsters but not to act like he was going to draw a pretend gun.  If he pretended to draw a gun the cops would be called these days.  

28 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You know he’s gonna do it. He’s a kid. 

Of course. :o

It's in our DNA!  :D

131573804_RichardasayoungCowboy.thumb.jpg.3aeeef5ddc922505126ab1d9a41ed52e.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Have him keep a notepad and a pencil in the holster. If he needs to draw a gun hopefully he isn't too artistically challenged. :P

Sixgun:

546690506_laughinghard.JPG.8725e18cba85557083b1d7c3e9020cb6.JPG

2 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I asked the headmaster (it's a Christian school) by text this morning if that was allowed since last year a child got suspended for using his fingers as a gun.

So what you're telling me is your kid can't even pick his nose anymore without people thinking he's trying to shoot himself? :huh:

seems like doesn't it.  I'd think the holster would be more of a problem since everyone has fingers.  I imagine giving someone the finger now days is less offensive than using your fingers as a pistol.  what a different world we live in

5 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

So what you're telling me is your kid can't even pick his nose anymore without people thinking he's trying to shoot himself? :huh:

If you're doing it with your thumb down on an unloaded finger, I believe it's fine.  But if the thumb is cocked over a loaded finger, I think it's a SDQ!

3 hours ago, Smoky Pistols said:

If you're doing it with your thumb down on an unloaded finger, I believe it's fine.  But if the thumb is cocked over a loaded finger, I think it's a SDQ!

SDQ, is that School DisQualification? 

I work at a welding supply place. We have a few artistic pieces on display around the place that people have made over the years. One of these resembles an AK-47, made from welding equipment. This thing has been around for probably 15 years. 

Today, SOMEBODY from Corporate was looking at our security cameras, spotted it and called the store and told us it had to come down! 

10 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I work at a welding supply place. We have a few artistic pieces on display around the place that people have made over the years. One of these resembles an AK-47, made from welding equipment. This thing has been around for probably 15 years. 

Today, SOMEBODY from Corporate was looking at our security cameras, spotted it and called the store and told us it had to come down! 

Sounds like the easily-offendable politically correct desk wussies that run my company. 

Howdy,

I think some people enjoy claiming to be offended.

And who is this guy called Steve McQueen lately?

I gotta check into that.

Best

CR

Just now, Chili Ron said:

I think some people enjoy claiming to be offended

Because of the possibility of offending someone, the University of Texas just sat some guidelines of Halloween costumes that should be avoided.

Among them deemed offendable (is that even a word?) Colored faces, hobos, Asian motifs, Mexican motifs ( no sombreros) no gypsies, no Geishas and no COWBOYS and Indians.

This prompted two questions:

1. Aren't UT's mascot handlers called the Cowboys?

2. Why do college students have to be given guidelines as to what costumes they can wear.

I mean I gave up costuming 50 years ago...well except the cowboy stuff

For Go Texan Day (yeah, it's a Texan thing that happens just before the Houston Livestock/Rodeo every year) at Xerox a few years ago, Lazarus dressed in his cowboy clothes including gun belt and put a banana in each of his holsters.

I'm waiting for the day when somebody complains that even us SASS shooters and Old West reenactors are considered offensive to native Americans. I'm going to dress up as a cowboy this Halloween when I go to work, and any tender soul at the office who gets upset over it can go to Hell.

And by the way, my Chinese mother-in-law bought me a really nice Oriental shirt once, and I wear it sometimes. Anybody who thinks I'm culturally appropriating the Chinese can go jump in the same lake as the person who dislikes cowboys.

48 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I'm waiting for the day when somebody complains that even us SASS shooters and Old West reenactors are considered offensive to native Americans. I'm going to dress up as a cowboy this Halloween when I go to work, and any tender soul at the office who gets upset over it can go to Hell.

And by the way, my Chinese mother-in-law bought me a really nice Oriental shirt once, and I wear it sometimes. Anybody who thinks I'm culturally appropriating the Chinese can go jump in the same lake as the person who dislikes cowboys.

These days, you're gonna have to find one helluva big lake.

5 hours ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

For Go Texan Day (yeah, it's a Texan thing that happens just before the Houston Livestock/Rodeo every year) at Xerox a few years ago, Lazarus dressed in his cowboy clothes including gun belt and put a banana in each of his holsters.

Sassparilla Kid and I have done the holstered banana thing ~ always used to bring smiles and fun comments.  :) 

Nowadays, it would likely be considered too weapon-like and bring on all sorts of grief.  :( 

After all... a banana is obviously much deadlier than a Pop-Tart!  :rolleyes:

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, Trigger Mike said:

today is cowboy day at my kids school.  My 13 year old wore my boots I wear to a match (when I get to go to one which is never lately)  .  He also wore one of my gun belts and holsters.  I asked the headmaster (it's a Christian school) by text this morning if that was allowed since last year a child got suspended for using his fingers as a gun.  The headmaster said he can wear gun belts and holsters but not to act like he was going to draw a pretend gun.  If he pretended to draw a gun the cops would be called these days.  

Well did he manage to keep his imaginary revolver in its holster?

15 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Sassparilla Kid and I have done the holstered banana thing ~ always used to bring smiles and fun comments.  :) 

Nowadays, it would likely be considered too weapon-like and bring on all sorts of grief.  :( 

After all... a banana is obviously much deadlier than a Pop-Tart!  :rolleyes:

Only if it is a fully automatic assault banana.  Green bananas are the most dangerous.

15 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

After all... a banana is obviously much deadlier than a Pop-Tart!  

I don't know...have you ever seen the ingredients in a pop tart? :D

On 10/23/2018 at 9:18 PM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Well, I hope you complied and swiftly took that security camera down!

Archived