SASS Wire Forum

ruger redhawk 357

Trigger Mike

local store has one for 799 so I held it and had asked them if they ever see one, I like the idea of it holding 8 rounds.  it felt smooth and balanced but it also weighed a ton and felt like it weighed more than a S & W 686 with a 4 inch barrel.  I did not get it.

That is so weird Mike. You and I must be on a similar wavelength. I was just reading about these today. I really want an S&W 327 TRR8 but I cannot justify $1,250 for one. I was researching 8 shot revolvers today and found the Ruger model 5060. It weighs 44 ounces. The kicker is the S&W 627 V-Comp weighs 46 ounces. The Ruger can be had for under $800. The V-Comp is $1550. :blink:

That is why I was interested in the Ruger.

Edit: I love Ruger guns but have never owned one of their DA revolvers.

I like Ruger double action revolvers- they are heavy for their size, though, and the trigger pull does really differ from my 'Smiths, but nice L-Frames got SOOO expensive that I got a couple of GP100s in stainless, then one of the .44 specials, etc, etc.  Never did like the gripframe on the Redhawks, ( had one in .44 magnum, because I though it might be more challenging to shoot. For me, it was )  but have not held one of the newer, redesigned models, which I understand have a kind of round butt treatment.  Have wondered what the .357 / 8 round version would be like. Guess most "flat guns" are likely still easier to dress with for carry.

I don’t see the big Redhawk as a carry gun for normal use but a car gun and / or a woods, desert, knock about gun.

I need to see one in person before I commit to desiring one. If it’s as big as I think it will be I will probably love it because it’s a big heavy shiny intimidating 8 shooter. :D But, it has to fit my hand and feel right. All my guns have to feel “right”. 

I would love to actually rent one and shoot it but I doubt I will find any range that will offer that. 

Archived