SASS Wire Forum

“Race-ready” hammer double under $1000?

Is it possible to find such an animal, and if so who sells ‘em? If the current deal that I have going comes through, I’ll have some extra cash and I want to get a back-up for my TTN. This past summer I had an issue with my current double during the warmup for the Northwest Regional match that couldn’t be fixed until after shooting was done for the day. I’d rather not have that happen again, so I want to buy another double to keep around. What say y’all?

I have a CZ-USA Hammer Coach Gun that I really like and it's had nothing done to it by me or anyone else.  I don't know about "race ready" because my race mode is more like a marathon.   You can probably get one for under $1,000 but factory new. 

Another TTN.   No shotgun comes from factory race ready!  And the TTN (Colt design) is the best for hammer-double-under-a-grand.

They all need work to be top grade cowboy shotguns.   See your favorite cowboy gunsmith,  and YES, JM is a favorite gunsmith of mine!  Keep an eye on GunBroker.   Once every month one comes up there.  Ask around your local clubs if someone has one back in the gun safe that they would part with.   (I've got an almost new and prepped TTN, but it's MY backup to my match S/G).

If you are shooting a TTN as your main gun, you want a TTN as your backup, because your shotgun, which you load every stage at speed, is the one that can REALLY slow you down when you fumble.   Put your order in and take care of main gun that is running now. 

Good luck, GJ

I just ordered my second TTN 1878, tuned and reversed triggers for well under a grand from Evil Roy. Got my first one from them at the beginning of this season and it has been flawless. Decided I wanted another just like it, just in case.

1 hour ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I have what your looking for. Race ready Cimarron 1878 was one of current World Champion Dutch Coroner’s back-up’s. $599 plus shipping 

C03FF4FB-83F1-4773-AF94-16D04DF4B705.jpeg

Oooh... that's nice.

6 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I have what your looking for. Race ready Cimarron 1878 was one of current World Champion Dutch Coroner’s back-up’s. $599 plus shipping 

C03FF4FB-83F1-4773-AF94-16D04DF4B705.jpeg

5 hours ago, Will Kane said:

PM sent. 

4 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Reply sent. It’s all yours Will.

Not to be snippy, but thanks a bunch for hijacking my thread to make a business deal, gents...

This notion that you “own” a thread because you started it, is hogwash. The Wire, and it’s threads, are open for any forum member to reply. You were looking for a very particular SxS, and I had exactly what you were looking for.

I posted a pic, at a very fair price, well under the $1000 you mentioned. 

Folks post about items their looking for all the time, and all members are free to reply. 

Anyhow, please accept my apologies. I was just trying to help. 

JB

2 hours ago, Tully Mars said:

Contact Johnny Meadow. PM me if you want his number. Tully

A buddy of mine has it but thanks for the offer.

If someone else is looking for a "race ready" TTN, I have one that was built for me when I thought about shooting CC but never did. Built by Lonnie at Run-N-Iron and never used it. Been sitting in the safe for a few years. Original invoices and box. Like new, less than 10 rounds fired through it.  $500 plus shipping.

Archived